Peri Cave Hotel & Pension
US$82
US$61
US$135
US$126
Chelebi Cave House(Goreme)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$48
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We arrived 4 hours late due to cancelled flight. Staff were welcoming and helpful at 2:30 in the morning. Many travellers have written complaints about this place. THey are true - up to a point. Yes, one room smelled not so good (not sewerage) - cleared after airing the room. One room has a low door to the bathroom - watch your head. One room has broken handles on the furniture - open carefully. There is always plenty of hot water, so I don't know what happened to other travellers. Breakfast is basic - but par for the region and no worse than any other similar property. One problem I had was noise. The courtyard arrangement meant that it was easy to get disturbed and sleep was disturbed.
Staff are great, friendly and helpful. They try to sell you tours; everyone does. However, the prices we got at Peri Cave for trips were very good, even a taxi driver was impressed at how cheap the balloon trip was! Airport transfers are cheaper than others - even at 1:30 in the morning.
Would I recommend it? At the price, sure. Can you get better? Yes, but you will have to book well in advance and look around a lot. Location is good, and I have enjoyed staying here.

Room Tip: The 100-104 rooms are the noisiest. They are not cave rooms, which are more expensive.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stayed in one of the cave rooms, which was an interesting experience. It had a rather low ceiling and had a damp feeling to it - wouldn't like to stay in one in winter. It did, however provide all the basic requirements as we were only there one night, though there was no shampoo/conditioner provided. The breakfast is rather basic. It was nice lying on the couch bit in front of the room area in the sun. The staff were polite and happy to have our luggage stored in their office upon our arrival before we could check in, and also for the day we left. It is very close to the township.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I booked the Peri Cave for 2 nights based on a 4* from trip advisor. We ended up in dirty and unfriendly hotel.
Problems:
1. No hot water. Have to complain every time for the hotel staff to turn on hot water. When I complained the response was 'turn the water and wait for a minute, have patience' rather than an apology. The only guy around is crazy. He doesn't like complains but very happy to sell day excursions.
2. mold in the bath tub: I found the bath room very dirty and full of mold. When complained the management did not take any action but said this is common in cave hotels. I find it very hard to understand their logic.
3. Room very dusty and the Television never worked.

The only conciliation was the wifi and proximity to Otogar( bus stand) and restaurants.

Please avoid this hotel and don't ruin your hard earned holiday.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Bash123
Reviewed 12 June 2011

The Hostel is cozy and the staff was helpful and friendly. I stayed in a cave which was a wonderful experience.
I arrived early in the morning and while waiting for the room to be cleaned I talked to the font desk guy. He showed me plenty of tours with a really good price. Unfortunately I had book my balloon on the internet other way I would have booked with him and saved 35 euros. I advise you have a look with the Hotel before book on the internet. Off course you don't wanna miss your balloon so check before you go because during the high season it may end up fully booked.
The Hotel is not the best I have been but I can say I have no complains and the price is really good for what you have.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We were first given a room which reeked of terrible to sewage smell, but when we complained they changed this to another bigger room. However, the rooms of any cave hotel can be very dark, dingy and claustrophobic.
The food was very very basic.
Reception staff were helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple