“Horrible Standard Room”

Peri Cave Hotel & Pension
Ranked #66 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The mattress was from byzantine times - terrible!!! There were holes in the bed sheets.
The bathroom was horrible and freezing. The heater wasn't working. There was no internet in our room. So, we complained with the owner and he was kind of ironic. Then we cancelled our reservation and booked a much better hotel (Blue Moon) for almost the same price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This accommodation provided me the best service I've ever had. I've stayed at many hostels/hotels over my travel years and I must say it's definitely right up there on the list. The rooms were clean and roomy. Breakfast was amazing. The managers there were extremely hospitable and friendly which made me feel very welcome as I was traveling alone. They also assisted me with booking tours and the hot air balloon. One of the best experiences of my life. I wish I had a longer stay at Cappadocia which is a shame but definitely highly recommend this place and wouldn't hesitate to book here again for my next trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We just stayed in Peri Cave Hotel for 3 nights. We stayed in the cave room which was gorgeous, roomy and comfortable. When there were some plumbing issues in our first room, the owner happily moved us to another room. The hotel is in a fantastic location nice and close to beautiful walks and places to watch the sunset as well as being easily accessible from town. There is no wifi in the cave rooms, but I would expect that would be same for all the cave hotels.

I cannot give enough praise to the owner, Murat. We had multiple issues with a separate tour agency while in Goreme and Murat spent a lot of time making calls for us and trying to sort out our problems. He even switched our tour to another company with no expense to us, and left himself to follow up of the payments. He went above and beyond what was required of him to make our stay much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Finally I have some time to write a review about this awesome hotel.
Stayed with a friend for a couple of nights. We got a room on the ground floor. Besides some trouble with the door ( I had some difficulties with locking and unlocking the door.. I had to reaallly turn the key, or else it wouldn't budge); the room that we took was pretty basic, no telly or safety box (I thought all hotels had one) but it did have a wardrobe and a dressing table and it had a cave feel to it. There was wifi, but it didn't reach our room somehow. We had to sit outside but there were tables and chairs so it was okay.
What I liked about the location was that it is quieter as it is a bit further away then the center of the town.
Breakfast was simple (cereal, bread, cheese, fruits and a couple of other things. I have forgotten already) but still nice and fulfilling..
We took the green tour and it was amazing. The tour guide (forgot her name, sorry!) was pretty cool, she told us the history etc of the places that we visited, though I felt like the tour at the underground city was a bit rushed.
Oh, and we also had a chat with the owners, Murat and Mustafa, and they were friendly and could speak English! It sort of made up for the bitter incident we had earlier that day when we were on our way to Goreme. We took Suha Turizm from Ankara and when the bus stopped at Nevsehir's bus terminal, we didn't know that we had to take a transit bus (more like a van) to Goreme, and since the bus driver didn't speak much english, we just waited in the bus. That was when this one young man came up to us and asked us if we were going to Goreme and told us to follow him. As it turned out, he tried to sell us hotel and tour packages and when we refused, he just left us there and we almost missed our transit bus. Just when we thought Cappadocia was one unfriendly place where they take advantage of tourists who do not speak Turkish, Murat and Mustafa proved us wrong.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights. The stay varied from disliking it to liking it.

Room was ok but pretty cold at times. Was freezing on day 3 so got some blankets following day.Woke up on first morning and no hot water. They said it was solved but still only warm later. But other 3 nights fine in the evening.

Breakfast was pretty poor first 2 days- plate with cold egg, a sliver of cheese,sliver of apple, biscuits, olives and bread. The next 2 days was much better with a buffet as there were more people there.room a little cold on first couple of days- better when more people in room.

Wifi did not work except outside reception. Would have been good to be able to use in room & in breakfast room.

Owner generally friendly but a bit abrupt at times. Did give us a lift to Ürgüp as he passed us waiting by the bus stop. But was a little abrupt when asked why no hot water or wifi did not work.

Transfer from Kayseri was slow to leave- waited 45 minutes to leave- but not fault of pension.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed three nights at this hotel. It was a very enjoyable experience. The location was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was not bad. Shower was ok. Wifi not available in the cave room. If you would like to book a balloon trip, they work closely with Urgup Balloon and can actually give you better price than the best price you can get directly from Urgup Balloon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Hospitality wise, this place is perfect! Murat and Mustafa, the two owners were very friendly and helpful. The staff were also warm and attentive. Even though we only stayed for 2 nights, it felt like home. Location was pretty good too. Just a few minutes from the bus station and shops. All in all, it was a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends