“decent”

Ranked #63 of 76 Hotels in Goreme
Sydney
“decent”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

It is a decent room, good value and clean. Had no issues with this place. The location is good. We left a bag of jewellery and other assorted goods by accident, and the owner found the bag and arranged to have it sent to my family member in Turkey (at our request), who then shipped it to Australia. That was a very nice, and morally sound gesture. My sister and I were the only inhabitants of our 4 bed room for the two nights we spent there, so it was peaceful and without intrusion.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We spent 2 days & 1 night at this place & found the arrangements decent. The staff is quite friendly & helped us out even after we officially check out of their place :)
The breakfast spread leaves much to desire but the view from the hotel is really nice. Also, the rooms are clean & tidy.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had a reservation for 2 nights in late December 2013. I had communication with Mustafa via email on several occasions confirming our reservation, our airport to hotel transfer, hot air balloon trip, and 1 day trip. Once the shuttle dropped us off at the hotel in the early evening (already pitch black), we spent about 10 minutes ringing bells and trying to get into the reception. Everything was closed. We went down the street and luckily found someone who spoke enough English to make some calls. We learned that the hotel was closed, but still had no solution. We finally were able to speak to the manager/owner of the hotel, who explained that the hotel has been closed for about 1 week - though he had no excuse for us not being informed of this during that time. Eventually, he was able to help us make reservations at another, amazing hotel - though he tried to get us to pay for the difference in price!! We also were lucky enough that the other hotel staff was incredibly helpful in re-making all of our reservations for hot air balloon, day trip, and airport shuttle. All in all, it worked out - but I would definitely NOT recommend doing any business with Peri Cave Hotel in the future. There is absolutely no reason that they did not inform us of their closure before our arrival.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The mattress was from byzantine times - terrible!!! There were holes in the bed sheets.
The bathroom was horrible and freezing. The heater wasn't working. There was no internet in our room. So, we complained with the owner and he was kind of ironic. Then we cancelled our reservation and booked a much better hotel (Blue Moon) for almost the same price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This accommodation provided me the best service I've ever had. I've stayed at many hostels/hotels over my travel years and I must say it's definitely right up there on the list. The rooms were clean and roomy. Breakfast was amazing. The managers there were extremely hospitable and friendly which made me feel very welcome as I was traveling alone. They also assisted me with booking tours and the hot air balloon. One of the best experiences of my life. I wish I had a longer stay at Cappadocia which is a shame but definitely highly recommend this place and wouldn't hesitate to book here again for my next trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We just stayed in Peri Cave Hotel for 3 nights. We stayed in the cave room which was gorgeous, roomy and comfortable. When there were some plumbing issues in our first room, the owner happily moved us to another room. The hotel is in a fantastic location nice and close to beautiful walks and places to watch the sunset as well as being easily accessible from town. There is no wifi in the cave rooms, but I would expect that would be same for all the cave hotels.

I cannot give enough praise to the owner, Murat. We had multiple issues with a separate tour agency while in Goreme and Murat spent a lot of time making calls for us and trying to sort out our problems. He even switched our tour to another company with no expense to us, and left himself to follow up of the payments. He went above and beyond what was required of him to make our stay much more enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Finally I have some time to write a review about this awesome hotel.
Stayed with a friend for a couple of nights. We got a room on the ground floor. Besides some trouble with the door ( I had some difficulties with locking and unlocking the door.. I had to reaallly turn the key, or else it wouldn't budge); the room that we took was pretty basic, no telly or safety box (I thought all hotels had one) but it did have a wardrobe and a dressing table and it had a cave feel to it. There was wifi, but it didn't reach our room somehow. We had to sit outside but there were tables and chairs so it was okay.
What I liked about the location was that it is quieter as it is a bit further away then the center of the town.
Breakfast was simple (cereal, bread, cheese, fruits and a couple of other things. I have forgotten already) but still nice and fulfilling..
We took the green tour and it was amazing. The tour guide (forgot her name, sorry!) was pretty cool, she told us the history etc of the places that we visited, though I felt like the tour at the underground city was a bit rushed.
Oh, and we also had a chat with the owners, Murat and Mustafa, and they were friendly and could speak English! It sort of made up for the bitter incident we had earlier that day when we were on our way to Goreme. We took Suha Turizm from Ankara and when the bus stopped at Nevsehir's bus terminal, we didn't know that we had to take a transit bus (more like a van) to Goreme, and since the bus driver didn't speak much english, we just waited in the bus. That was when this one young man came up to us and asked us if we were going to Goreme and told us to follow him. As it turned out, he tried to sell us hotel and tour packages and when we refused, he just left us there and we almost missed our transit bus. Just when we thought Cappadocia was one unfriendly place where they take advantage of tourists who do not speak Turkish, Murat and Mustafa proved us wrong.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends