Peri Cave Hotel & Pension
US$145
US$141
US$126
Travelocity
Blue Moon Cave Hotel(Goreme)(Great Value!)
US$179
Travelocity
Nature Park Cave Hotel(Goreme)(Great Value!)
US$100
HotelQuickly
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We booked into Peri Cave hotel or a night and ended up staying three!

First the things I liked about the place.
1. The location. Peri isn't located on top of the hill, if you're travelling with older people (as we were), this was a big plus. Going out for an evening walk was easy and enjoyable.
2. The staff. Wow! These people seriously made us feel at home. We were always greeted with a smile and inquiry as to how we were doing, and they even stopped to say hi when they saw us wandering around town and they took care of our over-the-top numerous (annoying) requests with a smile.
3. Breakfast. Buffet style of eggs, cucumber, tomato and cheese - plus cheese pastries, yoghurt, and corn flakes. We loved that we could have breakfast and return to your room to gather our things before heading out.
4. Unique rooms. Peri pension has rooms in actual fairy chimneys, they cost more, but they're pretty cool. Most other places in the town only have cave rooms.

Now the things that could be improved.
1. The courtyard can be noisy in the morning as other guests come and go late at night and early in the morning. A sign asking quests to come and go quietly may be helpful.
2. The decor is a bit dated (even for a cave), it could use a bit of sprucing up. One of our group wished for a bedside lamp for reading.

Value for money-wise, this place is an excellent choice. Everyone in our group was delighted with Peri Hotel and Cappadoccia in general. Recommended!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Pinklepurr
Reviewed 20 July 2009

The 3 days that we stayed at Peri Cave Hotel were a highlight of our trip to Turkey. Cappadocia itself is an amazing place and at Peri Cave Hotel we were able to stay in a room in one of the so called "fairychimney's". Staying in a cave room (in the fairychimney) is really a unique experience that we can recommend to anybody going to Cappadocia. Our room was spacious, light and very clean. The en-suite bathroom even had it's own jacuzzi offering a great way to relax after a day of sightseeing in the blazing sun.
It's quite a small hotel with a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. In the evenings we would relax with a cold drink in the courtyard. The hotel staff were able to give us lots of information on where to go and what to see, and help us book tours and bus tickets to our next destination. We hope to come back here again one day soon and have more time to hang out in the hammocks in the garden.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2009

My first impression when I arrived at the Hotel was that this was not the same place that have been shown to me in the brochure. When they gave me my room, at first, I thought that the room had not been cleaned from the previous night. No toilet paper, one of the pillows did not have a pillow case, Bathroom looked like it had not had a good clean up in years, no gardening work done probably since the hotel opened, and there was a small dumpster by the kitchen and by where they serve the breakfast buffet. No TV in room. I usually don't complain much. But I expect tidyness and cleanliness.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank garciabourdon
Reviewed 6 April 2009

My friend and I stayed at Peri Cave Hotel for one night as part of a tour. I have to say this hotel really grew on me. We werent in love with the room, or the awkward bathroom, but I think the awkwardness is part of its' charm. The wacky floral bedding made us laugh. The decor of the room was...well...they did what they could. Its a cave and its going to look like a cave. We didnt spend much time there so it was ok. We hung out in the restaurant with the owner/manager. Drinking nasty coffee and wondering what to do next. This man turned this "eh" hotel experience into a very pleasant one. He was sweet and friendly and always smiling. He brought two of his friends to the hotel to go with us to dinner at a local restaurant and then to a local bar where his friend played in the band. That turned out to be the best night of our trip. He we are 2 women traveling together wondering what the heck were going to do in this cave hotel..then thing you know we are being entertained and hosted by the nicest people. We got back to the hotel kind of late and when we woke the next morning there was our friend with a big smile on his face GOOD MORNING! And he gave us a big hug goodbye. Normally Id say this was kind of scheevy but it was actually genuine. If I ever return to Goreme I will stay here not for the room, but for the company of the people who work here who tried as hard as they could to make sure we were comfortable and happy. The heat in our room was broken so they gave us a space heater. We had no alarm clock so they knocked on our door in the morning. If we go again Id love to go in the summer when the trees in th courtyard are in bloom. :) You just have to approach the hotel with an open mind and youll leave happy!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank lovesublime
Reviewed 6 November 2008

I thourougly enjoyed my stay at Peri Cave Hotel. In fact, I extended my stay by two days while I was there.
I stayed in one of the cave rooms which was cozy and quiet. The hotel was clean and staff was extremely friendly & accomodating.
Tours can be booked at the reception, which is handy, laundry service was very reasonable, and the free wi-fi was a great perk (there's also a computer for guest use in the reception office).
The breakfast/room lounge is a nice place to relax with a lending library of travel and fiction books plus backgammon games to borrow.
This hotel is located on the road to the Goreme Open Air Museum, a 10 minute or so walk away, and about a 5-10 minute walk from the town centre & bus station.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank gardinergirl