“Most amazing time”

Ranked #49 of 72 Hotels in Goreme
Marrakech, Morocco
“Most amazing time”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

From the moment I arrived on a cold autumn evening to the second I left on a warm afternoon (after extending my stay), I had the most pleasant experience. The friendly staff, the fresh breakfast with loads of food, the helpful tips on what to see and do....it was all amazing. Little things like tea and kettle in the room, the staff putting the heater on in the afternoon while youre out so you come home to a warm room, the abundance of hot water. I could go on and on, but instead I will just be returning....this week!

Thank you Numan and your amazing team!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
NY, NY
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We paid 45 euros per night for one of the 5 rooms in the fairy chimney so we did not expect the Ritz Carlton. If flying into either NAV or Kayseri airport, you can contact Numan beforehand to arrange a shuttle which costs 20 TL pp. Our luggage did not make the connection so we were the last depart the airport and missed our shuttle. We had to pay 130 TL for a taxi from Nevsehir to Goreme.

Numan called the airline for us in the evening to inquire about the location of our luggage. When our bags were delivered at 9:30 pm, Ahmad delivered our heavy bags to room #1 which is on the top floor up a very narrow and uneven set of stone steps. If you are tall, make sure to bend down as the doorways are approx. 5 feet 10 inches on the top level. The doorways to the 3 chimney cave rooms on the first level are approx. 6 feet 1 inch. There are steel bars on the windows which means that you can safely leave your windows open at night for added ventilation. Electrically heated radiators are in the rooms for chilly nights but not needed as the comforter is very thick and heavy. The noise was not an issue for us although it was surprising at first when we'd hear the call to prayer before dawn and 4 other times throughout the day.

We booked 2 all day tours through the hotel. Seems most establishments have relationships with various tour companies in town.

There are several mini grocery stores a 5 minute walk downhill past the school where you can purchase drinks, snacks and bread. There is a HSBC ATM not far from the bus station.

There are parts of the room that require repair (the shower head, floors, etc). The upper floor chimney cave rooms have bathrooms with a high (2.5 foot) tub that may be problematic for those with mobility issues. The chimney rooms on the first level have showers instead of tubs.

Breakfast was served indoors since the area was undergoing a cold spell low 40 degrees, fahrenheit). Overall, we had a very enjoyable stay and liked the location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dushi-NY
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The thrill of staying in Saksagan is that it is a cave hotel. Other than being in a cave, there is no rustic element to this hotel. The floors are covered in rugs, the walls are white washed and painted. The bathroom is tiled. Outside of the coolness factor of saying that you stayed in a cave hotel, there is nothing really interesting here.

The cave hotel is right along the main road. With 1500 tours operating daily within Goreme, the traffic is immense and runs nightlong. Big supply trucks woke myself and family up from sleep. Closing the window didn't help much.

The breakfast is passable, the workers in the hotel are nice however the hotel manager Numan is downright rude. He has a sarcastic attitude, he has a superiority complex and attitude problem that I've seen him exhibit both with me and other travellers. Is he knowledgeable? Yes. But this is a tourist town so every hotel manager is knowledgeable. I would have stayed elsewhere. Unsure of why this is a well rated hotel amongst my fellow travellers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank McKConsultant
Melbourne
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I recently had my wedding in Goreme and decided to stay at Saksagan based on a recommendation. I have been to Goreme MANY times before but never had been to Saksagan so I wasn't sure what to expect. When I arrived there and entered the beautiful garden courtyard I was won over, as I was led to my room on the first floor I was greeted with a lovely private outside (but undercover) seating area. The shower temperature and pressure was perfect and the beds were comfortable and warm. Our breakfast spread was plentiful and the staff were wonderful. When it came to my wedding day the staff had decorated my room like a little village house, it was so thoughtful and beyond anything I could imagine!
Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a place near the town centre, that is small and personal and with friendly staff to help.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival, we were greeted with such kindness by staff & especially Numan the owner. We stayed in the fairy chimney room, which was cozy & comfortable. This hotel is centrally located and easy to get to. The garden ( my favorite)is beautifully arranged and cared for. However, the highlight of this charming hotel is Numan himself!! He is very gracious, accommodating & does his job with great passion. His ethics & customer service goes over & beyond! We had an amazing stay here and I highly encourage anyone not to miss out on this lovely gem of a hotel but especially the wonderful opportunity to meet Numan who
exudes the authenticity of genuine Turkish hospitality!!

Thanks again Numan
Cheers
Miki Wise

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 26 August 2013

相較其他動輒70~80歐起跳的cave hotel,Saksagan的Cave屋實在很划算,還是Fairy-Chimney Rooms!這裡的員工都超級友善,而且不會推銷行程給你。除非你有需要,他們會很樂意提供資訊。
這裡的床很舒適,早餐也很豐盛,唯一小小的缺憾就是Fairy-Chimney Rooms靠大馬路旁,所以會聽到車聲,不過可能是我們每天都很累加上床很好睡,所以還是睡得很不錯。

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Good location where stays next to bus station. But surprisingly quiet. It is a good experience in staying fairy-chimney. And the owner was polite and tried his best to provide good service to any customers.
But the room is shabby which somehow causes inconvenience.

• Stayed September 2012