“we wish that we could stay here forever :)”

Cave Hotel Saksagan
Ranked #57 of 80 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 9 June 2014

What can i say!

The Cave hotel, staff, food and even the owner is superb! perfect location for tourists. bus stop is only minutes away from the Hotel. Numan (the owner) helped us arrange everything we need - from Dubai till we reached Goreme. I strongly recommend this place for people who wants a perfect vacation - just sit back and Numan will do the rest, and give you the BEST!

The room is perfect even though I'm not able to watch tv (i don't know how to operate haha) bathroom is clean and tidy. i Love the natural coldness of the cave room :)

Even though Numan said that the wifi only works in the lobby but we get good signal in our room. Numan is sweet, honest person that you can trust with your things - i wish i could take him home!

Room Tip: You can book the cave rooms in the first floor because it has a nice view while having breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 June 2014

AMAZING!! I arrived around 8am from an overnight bus from Istanbul and walked the literal 2 minutes from the bus terminal. Numan and his staff welcomed me, sat me down, stored my luggage, fed me breakfast, and made me feel as comfortable as possible until my room was ready (earlier than check in). The room was comfortable and so cool inside a real "fairy chimney"!! Anything I wanted or needed, Numan made happen including hot air balloon ride reservations, directions to restaurants and attractions, Numan even gave me and other guest rides in his personal vehicle! I can't possibly list all the little details and kindnesses that were done here for me. All I can say is here I felt like a "guest" and not like a person renting a room! Thank you so much for making my experience at Hotel Saksagan AMAZING!

Room Tip: Staying in the "fairy chimney" is soo cool! The outer corner room has good light but also...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dawn D
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Our stay at Saksagan exceeded all of our expectations in friendliness, warmth and helpfulness. It is a place where you feel instantly at home. Numan's help and advice in planning our stay in Goreme and the rest of Turkey was brilliant. His recommendations were spot on and his staff were very friendly and helpful. Our stay in the cave overlooking the town was gorgeous, especially as the sun set and the fairy chimneys lit up. We look forward to coming back again!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

It's a perfect location. Definitely for us it was. 2-3 minute walk from where the Atlas jet shuttle from the airport drops you, adjacent to Cappadocia baloons, 5 minute walk to bus booking offices, small eateries, supermarkets and the hamam.

Had a nice breakfast spread.

I thought the room was really tiny but then..thats ok I guess. Turkey has small rooms!
Numan is a sweet host and friendly.

One thing we found almost scary was that when we got back from the Turkish Night at Uranos around midnight - the hotel was shut!! No one answered. We kept knocking, calling etc for nearly 45 minutes before the guy who was probably supposed to be on duty came riding his scooter and let us in! He didn't even seem apologetic! We were cold, tired but anyway since we were checking out the next morning - didn't complain.

It's a sweet place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

My family of 4 spent a week here. The location and service are great. The center of town is only a 5 minute walk but the hotel itself is quiet. Numan was extremely helpful. My husband was very sick for a few days of our stay and he offered on several occasions to take us to the next town to the doctor. He also suggested hikes, restaurants, and day trips. He helped arrange a car for us. We decided to stay an extra week in a little apartment near the hotel and Numan continued to assist us with anything we needed.

The only thing to be aware of is that the caves are extremely chilly year round. We were very cold at night. Even though the hear had already been turned off for the season, Numan offered us a space heater to use.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and the service. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were a group of 5 people and the room is big enough for all of us. The cave hotel was really nice with a charming terrace and garden in front of our room. Numan was a big help for us, he gave us plenty of advise to visit the area. We highly recommend Saksagan hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

The Cave Hotel Saksagan is a charming hotel, well-located, with comfortable rooms and interesting, authentic decor. The manager is very helpful with information and suggestions for activities in the area and all the staff are pleasant. A beautiful breakfast is included.