Gultekin Motel
US$119
US$116
US$71
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed here for two nights at the end of April 2013 in a double room.

The room was great. Bed was comfortable, shower was new with excellent pressure and plenty of hot water, towels were provided, the room was clean and cosy thanks to the heating coming on when it got chilly at night. Breakfast was a traditional Turkish style which changed slightly every day which provided variation. It is served on the roof top where there are cute little tables set up in the sun, overlooking Cappadocia - what a view!

The building itself is only 10 years old and is simplistic but tasteful. In a great location, even if you have to climb a few stairs to get there, it's worth it for the view! At nights we sat in beanbags on the rooftop playing cards till the sun went down then it was a short stroll into town for dinner.

Wifi was better here than in any hotel I've ever stayed at. The staff were great, they chatted openly with us and even helped me out with medicine when I told them my stomach was upset. I really appreciated their hospitality.

If you contact them prior to arrival they can help organise airport transfers and balloon rides.

My stay at the Gultenkin was amazing, I couldn't have been happier. Really didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annacree
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We went to Goreme in Feb 2013. we were two families with young children. We stayed two nights at Gultekin Pension & hotel by travellers cave. It was not so crowd due to non tourist season but it was very comfortable and covenient. The hotel has very good and comfortable cave type rooms which gives you actual feeling of living in caves. The manager of the hotel Mr. Emrah ZORLU was very much cooperative and helpful all the times. Other staff members were also very caring. House keeping was good to make up the rooms very clean and tidy. The rooms were very spacious and stylish. Our rooms were upgraded for no extra cost. The buffet breakfast was very good and nicely served. Wifi was not working inside the rooms due to its cave shape so we had to sit very close to outer doors to use the wifi. Its location is very central to all the major actibvities in Goreme. The terrace offers very scenic views of the surrounding. At the terrace a BBQ could be a very good option to have your dinner or lunch. Over all a worth staying place with very good value for your money.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed in the dormitory. The room has five beds and each bed is clean. You can use the wifi, clean hot shower, and can have delicious breakfast. Besides that, new towels are served everyday. And there is a terrace, from where you can look around Goreme. Kind staffs give nice advice. Not expensive, but very nice motel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Really amazing cave hotel sited in Goreme, very close to the center and nice walking to everywhere is this cozy village, even in winter. As well as the hotel, the staff is kind, professional, helpful and really made our time there unforgettable.
The views from the terrace are one of the best I saw, and having breakfast up there is priceless. Talking about breakfast, it is great: Turkish style, which means lots of veggies, cheese, olives, fresh bread...
Definitely a hotel to stay in Cappadocia.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This hotel is so amazing. staff are super friendly and owner are always around if you need any special request. I arrived in early morning and hotel staff give me free breakfast and offered me a room for me to sleep before my room is ready. They normally have barbecue party every 2 or 3 days for winter as i ask them. Hotel located in the center so you can see 360 degree from the terrace. When I leave owner offer to drive me to bus station. Amazing service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo