“Touristy, overpriced and overrated.”
Review of Dibek

Dibek
Ranked #22 of 110 Restaurants in Goreme
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Very touristy, with high prices. Their famous "pot" casserole meal that must be ordered in advance...is nothing out of the ordinary. I got the chicken, and it tasted like a basic and unmemorable pepper/chicken dish in a crockpot.

1  Thank sfcitygirl

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We dropped in the night before we actually ate (tonight, as it happens) and asked for a table.

Long faces and much uninterest ensued.

This comes in the town where every other restaurant has touts outside, waving menus eagerly at passersbys.

So we came the next night. Tonight. Had to place an order for the house special -- casserole cooked in clay pots. We were told to come at either 7 or 8.30 pm. No other time was convenient.

So we turned up at 7.

Nice enough ambience although Vivaldi's a Four Seasons melted into Sufi chanting and back again.

A handful if dishes on the menu. Beans. Salad. Chillis. Meatballs. Clay pot casserole.

We finished the meal half an hour hour ago and I can't really remember any of it. Totally bland and not worth the hype.

All I can tell you was at school there was a girl who was totally unavailable and for that reason she was so in demand. It reminded me of Chez Dibek.

I say: give it a miss.

2  Thank dogeatdog999
Reviewed 17 June 2014

it was recommended by the hotel but was very mediocre in terms of quality of the food served. We were told they make excellent pottery kebab but let us just say that the pottery kebab we had there was disappointing

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Try the pottery kebab served by this restaurant. The pottery meals will have to be ordered before going over to the restaurant. It takes about 2 to 3 hours to prepare the dish. It is said to be the best pottery kebab in town.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My friend and I are vegetarian so I cannot speak to the meat dishes, but we have a delicious meal in a wonderful atmosphere at this restaurant. The red house when was fantastic as were the many mezes and the vegetarian clay pot we had. We didn't have a reservation so we hung out in the back with a glass of wine until our table was ready which was a delightful experience in itself. The staff was friendly and attentive and I would go back anytime!

Been to Dibek? Share your experiences!