“Best meal so far in Turkey”
Review of Nazar Borek & Cafe

Nazar Borek & Cafe
Ranked #7 of 106 Restaurants in Goreme
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Local Turkish Cusine
“Best meal so far in Turkey”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I don't usually give 5s, but ...

I hit this place on the recommendation of a friend who had been there several years ago and really liked it. "Be sure to say hi to Rafik!" he said. So of course, Rafik was my server, and he really was the nicest man.

I should mention I was starving when I arrived, because I did Rose and Red Valleys and missed lunch -- so I really needed something hardy. This place absolutely delivered. I had chicken wings, and they came with a ton of sides -- salad, toasted veggies, rice, fries and a basket of bread. The wings were seriously the best thing I've eaten in Turkey. The meat was dripping with juice and just falling off the bone. I'd never have believed that plain wings -- no buffalo sauce or mango habanero -- could be so delicious. It made me realize how dry they are in the States.

As a bonus, I got offered giant bottles of ketchup and mayonaise for my fries. And I decided Turkish ketchup is really delicious.

All of this cost less than 10 USD, which is astounding to me, considering what I've paid for lackluster food in so many other places.

I will absolutely eat here again. (They were out of Borek tonight, so I guess that I have to go back. Not that I need an excuse.)

Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“nice for a good quick meal”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I popped in for a quick bite to eat after a long day and it was relaxed and service was great. Food was fresh and was lite and great to eat. Great stuff

Visited August 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“So-so Boreks”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Was a bit disappointed by the dinner here... not sure if the boreks made here are kept for several days, but I definitely ended up getting one on the older side. Table hadn't been wiped down from the last diners. Perhaps this is better as a lunch spot? At any rate, certainly better options to choose from in Goreme.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Laura A
refik, Sahibi at Nazar Borek & Cafe, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
hii.I am sorry abaut your comment and our borek you had.
we don,t sele food from ather place and we are making all our produce in our own
kitchen.
and abaut the tables some time right after people left next customer setting right the way that is why is happening but of course we are sorry abaut it .
many greatings.
Nazar börek
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Just OK”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I specifically went after reading a good review on tripadvisor, but was quite disappointed. There was not much variety for vegetarians, the taste of the dishes ordered was ok and even the iron drink( similar to drinking yoghurt) was a packaged product; not freshly prepared as we had expected.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dnyaneshwari
“Delicious Gozleme”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Have popped in for lunch - love the Gozleme and the outdoor seating. Inside would not be as great. Staff are very friendly!