“Nice and cheap place ;)”

Silk Road Restaurant & Kebap House
Ranked #53 of 109 Restaurants in Goreme
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Very nice place...
so cheap...
the waiters are so friendly ;)
Many options... include cheap options...

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We wanted to have an early lunch prior to hiking the Rose Valley. We were attracted to the Silk Road Kebap House due to the 5 Lira Kebap. It turns out to be a good decision. We ordered three kebaps, a bottle water and cay, the traditional tea. I particularly like the fact that the restaurant personnel all sprang to actions once our order was taken. It really reminds me of a disturbed ant mount. All of a sudden, there are lots of activities. The kebap was wrapped in thin bread. But unlike the common wrap found in the US, the wrap was soft, thin yet fluffy. The kebap sauce was a bit sweet and spice. If you do not tolerate hot paper, you might ask for the sauce to be on the side. My daughter did have to order additional bottle water to combat the heat. My wife and I love it. Bottom line, we do recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Good value! Tasty food. A large selection of Cappadocian wines. The manger will let you taste different wines to help you make your selection. Comfortable and rustic seating area.

They play Western music - it's sometimes nice NOT to hear Turkish music!

Reviewed 6 June 2013

located along the maın wayç thıs restaurant has a great tasteç good food,fresh baclava, maybe the best ever eaten so far around turkey, the host ıs really nıce and kınd. very recomended ıt

3  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I grabbed a kebap here while I waited for my bus in the late afternoon. The owner was a good host. It has outdoor seating. I had passed by the previous evening and it looked inviting.