“excellent restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

SOS Restaurant & Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Berkeley, CA
“excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

We had the best time here with great food, beautiful place and cozy atmosphere. I came here twice in 2 weeks - first with my family and then came back to bring friends. Fatih and Tuncay the owners and their good friend Can became our great friends. Not only did they take care of us with their great food and hospitality, but dropped us off at the Open Air museum and picked us up when it was snowing! We spent hours there just hanging out and drinking Turkish coffee - they even taught me how to make it. When I came again with my group of friends, we had even more fun at the restaurant and exploring. They took such good care of us. I would recommend everyone to go here. ...the name may change to Evil Eye shortly though.

• Visited March 2012

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
“Really good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Visited April 2012
New York City, New York
“Great Service, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

We stayed in Goreme for 4 days, and every one of those days, we had either lunch or dinner at SOS Restaurant. Yes, it was that good :) There were other restaurants around with great food too, but what really distinguished this restaurant was the service. The waiter was always helpful and friendly. You can't help but feel welcomed when the waiter remembers you from the day before. The restaurant is on the second floor, so it has a terrific view of the town and mountains.

Great service, great food that's reasonably priced and comfortable surroundings with terrific views made it a wonderful dining experience everytime.

Oh yes, try the pottery kebabs.

• Visited July 2011
Leiden, The Netherlands
“Delicious food, great service and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Frankly, the best food I tasted during my whole trip in Turkey. If only I had space to eat for 3 people... Do eat as much as you can! The food is all home made, local and amazing! Be ready to change your mind on lentil soup, like I did :) Do try their delicious pottery dishes.
During my stay in Göreme, I always had my meals at SOS and would do it again till trying everything on the menu.
The service is fast, with sense of humor and very friendly making you feel like a real guest at their home.
Both Ismail (waiter), Harun (owner) and the kitchen staff (can't remember their names...) make their absolute best to please you.
The decoration is well put together and the ambiance is cozy.

• Visited October 2011
Berlin, Germany
“best potery kebab in town and very good sauce + nice atmosphere and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

SOS is a very cosy restaurant (they have a lovely corner where u can sit comfortable on pillows and enjoy ur dinner in a traditional way) of medium class with moderate prices and delicious food.. especially the sauce they serve as appetizer is great and i think unique in cappadocia.. the staff is very friendly (and speaks excellent english) and can also give u competent advice in sightseeing questions.. waterpipe is for free there and u dont have to wait long for ur food.. i also liked that its easy to find and located central next to busstation..

• Visited September 2011