“Nice staff”

Ranked #28 of 33 Speciality Lodging in Goreme
Matosinhos, Portugal
“Nice staff”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Nice staff is really the best quality in the hostel. They're helpful and will make everything to arranje you the best tours. As for the rooms, I stayed in the cave and it was not a good experience. The room is cold, we needed to ask for extra blankets and the sheets feel wet. The bathroom is in the outside. The breakfast was ok. The price is good, but at least in the cave I'd not stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The only good thing is the nice staffs. But the room was so wet and cold. Our room was downstair and it was very cold in there, with wet smell. The first night there, we had to buy some peaches for our better breathing. Cannot sleep without socks, the blanket was always cold. The heater didn't work (in this season I guess). Sometimes there was shatter falling from the ceiling or if you touch the wall, something may fall out. It's too old with little care. And be careful if you want to book the horse tour with them, because the price is low but the quality is very bad. I regret that I trusted the hotel so much that I had a worst horse tour ever.

Room Tip: Should not stay low down the stairs. If they give you that low room, ask to change another one immed...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JoeyLe

Travellers are raving about these Goreme hotels

Sydney
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This is a great family run little hostel/hotel. We stayed in a private room with shared bathroom and had an amazing balcony with awesome views! The staff were very helpful and assisted us with booking all of our site seeing experiences in cappadocia at affordable prices for backpackers. They even waited up until 3am for our arrival!
There is wifi throughout the place and the breakfast buffet was very nice too.
The convenient location meant all the good restaurants were in walking distance as well as the open air museum.
I recommend emailing them before your visit to organise an airport shuttle, they helped us out a lot and apparently is can be tricky to get from airport into town especially with a lot of the flights landing in the middle of the night!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in one of the private rooms with a shared bathroom. We arrived here just as the season starts so it was still very quiet (which had its up and downs). The backpackers is clean and staff friendly. They dont speak too much english, but that never posed a problem for us.

I can imagine the backpackers being akive in peak season. They helped us to book our excursions

all in all, good place.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 20 April 2014

It is a backpacker hotel with shared bathrooms, but there are some rooms with a private bath and toilet. It is clean and the included breakfast Is absolutely OK.
The staff is friendly and if you need some informations and/or want to book a trip or do some activities around göreme, they will help you.
Good Hotel and the price is worth it.
Small advice besides the hotel, do the balloon flight it is amazing.

Room Tip: For privacy take a double room if you want it cheaper and have no problems with sharing the bath wit...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I had a twin room at Yasin's, which is built into one of Göreme's fairy chimneys. We arrived at about 9am after an all night bus ride from Istanbul. We were allowed to check in early, no hassle and went strait to sleep in a comfy and surprisingly homely (for a cave) room. We spent about a week here and couldn't really have asked for much more. Really friendly staff, good location and tasty breakfast every morning, included in the price. We stayed in February, so it could get really very cold, but the heating in our room was fine, it was going to the shared bathroom down the hall that was the kicker! WiFi was also very bad in room, but fine in lobby area and out on the roof terrace, which has a suberb view over the town and beyond.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in February. I generally disliked the place and wished I would have found somewhere else to stay as I let it affect my time in Cappadocia.

First, I should say that it only cost me about $21 per night for the private room with shared bathroom. I had Room # 1, with the comically small door. The room itself is about what I thought it would be, small. No problems with that though. There was two windows and plenty of storage space overall even though the bed is most of the room. I don't mind chilly rooms but the upper window isn't sealed around the edges so you can hear EVERYTHING outside, even though it usually is not too loud.

The bottom of the door has a HUGE gap between it and the floor. There are a bunch of nails in the bottom of the door to keep large animals out but I felt better at night stuffing clothes into the opening and laying my bag over it to help keep any critters out. The radiator didn't seem to put out much heat but was better than nothing.

The shared bathrooms on the upper level weren't maintained at all while I was there. Toilet paper ran completely out and garbage cans were never emptied. As far as I can tell, there weren't many people here during my stay so they shouldn't have been overwhelmed. The shower head in one of the bathrooms was cracked so water would also spray on the ceiling and drip cold water on you. The other shower area didn't have any hooks and the ledge area was wet and had all kinds of hairs etc on it, so I didn't want to set things on it. Since they all lack shower curtains, the bathroom is all wet after a shower. Just a lot of small things that add up after a while.

Breakfast isn't a buffet so you have to wait while they prepare a plate of food for you (typical breakfast stuff for Turkey). The staff wasn't really rude but seemed to speak almost no English and wasn't overly friendly or helpful.

The GOOD:

Bed was surprisingly comfortable.

The hostel set up the airport shuttle into town for me for 20TL (the going rate when you check around town anyway). Set up my own return trip.

Location right in town so it's easy to go eat, setup tours, shuttles, hike etc.

It was in one of the rock formations so it was a true cave room experience.

Several balconies to hang out on in the evening.

Price, I didn't notice much else in Goreme for a similar price point, so if you are trying to travel on the cheap, it's an option, but in hindsight I would have preferred to spend just a little more for somewhere a little nicer. Sometimes you don't know until you go somewhere though.

WI-FI usually worked ok, sometimes connection would go off and on. There are TWO different servers so check to see which work best, I was able to get WIFI in my room, good enough for a SKYPE call. I also think that you can use a computer in the lobby for free if needed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Hostel Terra Vista
Pandora Cave Hotel
Pandora Cave Hotel
#2 of 5 in Cavusin
Stay In Peace Cave Hostel

Been to Yasin's Place Backpackers Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!