“Dissapointed”

Ranked #25 of 32 Speciality Lodging in Goreme
Melbourne, Australia
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I hadn't pre booked accommodation the main booking off ice called and asked for a price for a single room I accepted the price thinking that it was reasonably priced.

Room was dark with limited space to move around in. Very basic with kettle only. Shower hose was broken which I brought to their attention and was repaired immediately. The next day the toilet had blocked Room was not serviced

Breakfast was poor with limited food and small amounts put out with waiting periods to re stock.

Also spoke to a guest who arrived at the hotel and was given single room with bathroom and quoted half the cost of what I had paid.

There are better options with similar prices. I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The staff are friendly and helpful, our room was really nice and had a beautiful balcony and view.

The breakfast was good, especially considering the price.

Best thing however was the location, 1 min walk from many great cafés/restaurants and 2 mins from the bus station, travel agencies etc.

Would easily stay here again, had a fab time!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is a reasonable price and well located. The hotel is a neat experience. The cave does make the sheets moist feeling and the towels do not dry out. We took our towels out to the line to dry. The toilet paper did not get restocked unless we went and asked for toilet paper. We stayed for 4 days. The room does not get cleaned until you leave. It would have been nice to have the carpet vacuumed after the second day because limestone ash does get onto the carpet. It is great how the hotel uses the cave to create shelves and in some rooms beds. Bring a mat to put under your clothes because if you do use the cave shelves, the dust will get onto your clothes. Breakfast is a buffets of wafer cookies, watermelons, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, and cornflakes. We had to ask for a break basket on the first day. After that we got bread on a regular bases. The buffet is not really watched in the morning so if food runs out just ask. On the whole we had a unique experience and glad we stayed.

Room Tip: Ask for a bathroom in your room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Singapore
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The good
Location, vibe, price, people

The not-so-good (i.e. not bad)
No pool, poor ventilation in (cave) room, expensive tours, boring breakfast

The people in the hostel were generally helpful but not exactly all that smiley. They still help but you are not sure if they are happy? Location is great - close to view point, about 15mins walk uphill. Also close to bus terminal, restaurants and shops. About 1km walk to open air museum - on a good day its a nice walk. This place is smack right in the middle of what foreigners want to see in Cappadocia.

However, I met a lady from Australia who told me she paid 20-30TL more than I did for the same tour. That was a flop.

In the summer, the heat is too much and if you are waiting for the heat to go a pool might be pretty appealing, as many other hotels/hostels have to and can offer.

Breakfast was a tad dull - they serve same stuff everyday. There are 2 lounges where you can chill, and also the power points available in the "restaurant/lobby" are quite convenient.

I shared the shower - it was clean and water pressure was good. On one evening there was no water supply and I sought help from the ladies but they were not too eager to help; merely told me the other guy would be back so I should wait.

I'll recommend this place for the budget-conscious who would like the cave experience.

Room Tip: I stayed in the cave for single person - I reckon the dormitory is bigger and might have better vent...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Matosinhos, Portugal
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Nice staff is really the best quality in the hostel. They're helpful and will make everything to arranje you the best tours. As for the rooms, I stayed in the cave and it was not a good experience. The room is cold, we needed to ask for extra blankets and the sheets feel wet. The bathroom is in the outside. The breakfast was ok. The price is good, but at least in the cave I'd not stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The only good thing is the nice staffs. But the room was so wet and cold. Our room was downstair and it was very cold in there, with wet smell. The first night there, we had to buy some peaches for our better breathing. Cannot sleep without socks, the blanket was always cold. The heater didn't work (in this season I guess). Sometimes there was shatter falling from the ceiling or if you touch the wall, something may fall out. It's too old with little care. And be careful if you want to book the horse tour with them, because the price is low but the quality is very bad. I regret that I trusted the hotel so much that I had a worst horse tour ever.

Room Tip: Should not stay low down the stairs. If they give you that low room, ask to change another one immed...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joey L
Sydney
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This is a great family run little hostel/hotel. We stayed in a private room with shared bathroom and had an amazing balcony with awesome views! The staff were very helpful and assisted us with booking all of our site seeing experiences in cappadocia at affordable prices for backpackers. They even waited up until 3am for our arrival!
There is wifi throughout the place and the breakfast buffet was very nice too.
The convenient location meant all the good restaurants were in walking distance as well as the open air museum.
I recommend emailing them before your visit to organise an airport shuttle, they helped us out a lot and apparently is can be tricky to get from airport into town especially with a lot of the flights landing in the middle of the night!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Guven Cave Hotel
Travellers' Cave Pension
Emre's Stone House
Emre's Stone House
#46 of 74 in Goreme

Been to Yasin's Place Backpackers Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!