Couldn't have been happier. The rooms literally are caves and are all very big - even by American hotel standards. The bathroom was huge, the bed was comfortable. WiFi was a little weak but, hey, it's a cave. It has satellite TV, an in-room electric water boiler for tea/coffee, and tons of space. The location is perfect, just a few minutes' walk into downtown Goreme, a 15 minute walk to the Open Air Museum, and easy transit to any of the other sites in the region. The views from the many terraces were gorgeous morning, noon, and night.
What stands out is the hospitality. We were welcomed with tea and one of the owners sat down with us and gave us a lay of the land. He presented options for different touring/sightseeing options, but it never came across as a hard sales pitch. He said he was a hot-air balloon pilot, but recommended another company as it would save us about 140 Euro but not cost us on safety. The staff always smiled and said hello. THE BEST PART was on our departure. We had a 6:40am pickup to head to the airport in Kayseri, so we were leaving before breakfast (which was good itself). The staff made all four of us massive cheese and salami sandwiches - very tasty! - that we were able to eat for breakfast AND lunch. It was such an amazing touch.
One couple on our trip stayed in Room #8 (all the room pics on their website are accurate), and it had some high up holes in the cave walls blocked only by plastic. It got to be a bit cold in their room at night. We stayed in Room 7, and it was perfect other than the bathroom being a bit humid/musty smelling, but closing the door fixed that problem easily.
I don't know how this compares to other budget options in Goreme (we payed $375 US for two rooms for two nights), but it was definitely worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dervish Cave House offers enchanting and elegant accommodation in restored 8 old Cappadocian house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Dervish Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dervish Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Dervish Cave Hotel
- Dervish Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey