We spent 3 nights at the Dervish Cave House in June and had a wonderful time. The hotel organizes tours to see the main sites in the region as well as the Whirling Dervish Ceremony (disappointing), Turkish Hamam Bath (Fun experience!) and the Balloon Ride (A Must Do!). The staff was very friendly and had recommendations for where to buy a carpet and where to eat (SOS Restaurant has really good Pides and you get a 10% discount). If you book a tour with the hotel, you receive a free ride to/from the airport which helped us save some lira. Both Dervish and Cemal were very helpful in assisting us during our stay.
We stayed in Room 6 which isn't technically a cave room but the bathroom was. It was spacious for 3 people and clean. The pillows were a little hard for my liking. They even washed some of our clothes for free!
Our favorites in the area were the Goreme Open Air Museum, smoking a water pipe in the restaruant with bean bag chairs, Seten Restaurant (the lamb was delicious) and the hospitality of everyone we met.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dervish Cave House offers enchanting and elegant accommodation in restored 8 old Cappadocian house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Dervish Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dervish Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Dervish Cave Hotel
- Dervish Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey