In the four nights we stayed in the Dervish Cave House, we were impressed time and time again by the generosity and hospitality of Cemal and his wonderful staff. Traveling with a 15 month old toddler, obtaining a baby cot was no problem. Everyone at Dervish was openly warm towards us but especially towards our child.
The close proximity of the hotel to the city center was a great convenience (5 min walk). Free secure Wi-fi provided by the hotel was a plus. Cemal was extremely helpful in pointing us in the right direction for cappadocian sight seeing. As we had a hire car, he would help plan driving routes for our day trips. We had a slight accident with the car and managed to drive on a freshly laid road. As a result, our hire car was covered with wet tar. Cemal directed us to the nearest car cleaning service. He spoke directly to the cleaning company on our behalf to explain the situation. For my partner's 40th birthday, Cemal not only helped organise a hot air balloon ride, but also a cake too!
On our last day, Cemal helped book a shuttle bus to pick us up at 4:30am because we had an early flight. Due to some confusion with daylight savings, we had not adjusted our watches and woke up earlier than we were supposed to. Thinking that our shuttle was late, we rang Cemal up at the wee hours of the morning when any respectable person would still be in bed. He rang the shuttle company and called us back immediately. No complaints at being woken up so early even though the error was ours. His professionalism really left an impression. If you are looking for someone who would go the extra mile for you, then look no further than Cemal and the Dervish Cave House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dervish Cave House offers enchanting and elegant accommodation in restored 8 old Cappadocian house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Dervish Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dervish Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Dervish Cave Hotel
- Dervish Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey