We stayed in Room 4, which is on the ground floor, and the room was indeed very spacious! Partly because there were only myself and husband, and we had a double bed and 2 single beds!
The jacuzzi spabath was a most welcome sight; although the bathroom is a bit dark.
Living in a cave hotel is quite exciting but the lighting was inadequate.
The breakfast was good, and they make their own jams from the blackberry tree inthe garden.
The view from the garden is spectacular, and it was wonderful having breakfast in the morning with the hot air balloons rising from the horizon.
The location of the hotel is great, except that it is quite a steep climb from the bottom of the hill to the hotel, each time you get to the village centre. Hotel is very near all the eateries and restaurants and convenience stores.
Other tips on sightseeing in Goreme
They will try to sell you the various green and red tours, and in my opinion, these trips are a bit expensive. You can easily do the green tour (which includes the visit to the Underground city) on your own.
Just at the Bus Station, there is a dolmus which leaves for Neveshir every half-hour of the clock, and when you arrive in Neveshir about 20 min later, you can actually catch another dolmus to the 2 underground cities of Kaymakli and Derinkuyu. Kaymakli is much nearer (only another 30 min after Neveshir) as compared to Derinkuyu.
Locals advise me that the 2 are similar, except that Derinkuyu is much deeper (8 levels), and Kaymakli is bigger.
Once you are underground, honestly, they all look the same, so you might as well save your time travelling and go to the nearer one!
The last thing, if you can, do the Hot Air Balloon thingy! It's really worth the price, and the views are spectacular. There are apparently different sizes of baskets, and do ask for the smaller baskets so that there are fewer people up in the air, and you can see better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dervish Cave House offers enchanting and elegant accommodation in restored 8 old Cappadocian house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Dervish Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dervish Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Dervish Cave Hotel
- Dervish Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey