I can't say enough good things about the staff here - They are incredibly friendly, laid back, helpful, funny, and kind. They go to great lengths to ensure you enjoy your stay - whether it's breakfast outside of regular hours, a ride to the Turkish baths, or inviting you to share a raki on the patio. When there was a mix-up with airport transportation, they sent a car to pick us up right away, no questions asked. It honestly felt like home during our stay.
The facilities are also great. You are a few blocks up from the heart of the small town of Goreme and can walk almost everywhere. The patio/lawn has incredible views, and is the perfect place to sit and enjoy delicious, made-to-order french toast (the best!) or eggs. The rooms are spacious and quiet, and the jacuzzi tubs are a wonderful welcome home after a long day of hiking. That being said, there are certainly challenges to staying in a cave - it can be a bit damp and not all rooms get much light - but big windows, beautiful Turkish lamps and AC/heat/dehumidifier with a remote make these challenges easy to overcome.
This hotel gets my highest recommendation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dervish Cave House offers enchanting and elegant accommodation in restored 8 old Cappadocian house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Dervish Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dervish Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Dervish Cave Hotel
- Dervish Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey