-Location is in the centre of town. Convenient to walk to nearby shops and restaurants. Other hotels require taking shuttles or long uphill walks.
-Family run establishment type, so staff are friendly and helpful. Very informal atmosphere. After checking in and getting ourselves organised, the staff helped us plan our tour itinerary in the comfort of the lobby over hot coffee. Our entire tour and hot air balloon itinerary was planned, booked by the hotel staff. They patiently explained and helped us choose the tours that were suitable for us. Having our elderly parents and two year old daughter with me made the tour selections crucial to keep everyone happy.
-Rooms were adequately large and furnished.
- Other conveniences such as wifi (although only at the common areas due to the cave rooms difficulty in getting wifi signals), breakfast and amenities were adequate enough.
Not So Good:
- Our room was a bit chilly at night. Room heating was mild as it wasn't the cold months yet. They however provided us with a portable heater which solved the issue.
- We got upgraded rooms which was huge and more than what we paid for.
The best location, competitively priced hotel, with friendly helpful staff right smack in the middle of Goreme town. We were satisfied with the hotel and would recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dervish Cave House offers enchanting and elegant accommodation in restored 8 old Cappadocian house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Dervish Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dervish Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Dervish Cave Hotel
- Dervish Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey