“Great experience, would highly recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dervish Cave House

Dervish Cave House
Ranked #28 of 68 Hotels in Goreme
Cairns, Australia
“Great experience, would highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed 4 nights in early December 2013. Rooms were excellent - clean and heated. Ibrahim (who is also a balloon pilot) was friendly and very helpful. There is wifi access for those who crave it. The hotel is also in a good location for restaurants and for pre-dawn strolls up to the lookout to see the balloons at sunrise. Overall, I had no issues during my stay, and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I have a great experience with Dervish Cave House Hotel.

It is a small, family run cave hotel, almost in the center of Goreme (200 m from city center). Location is great: you need only 2 min on foot to city center, but yet again, you have some peace and quiet when you return to your room to take some rest.
Hotel is very charming. Nice and cozy reception and suites are in fairy chimneys, but very nice and modern furnished. In rooms you don't wifi, which is completely reasonable, but you have free wireless at the reception and in the rose garden. In rooms is central heating, which is important for those who would come during winter time.
To me maybe the most important thing when I book hotel is a bathroom and it was great. Hot water the whole time (I've been in many hotels in Turkey, and not in all you have hot water every time), enough place for all my toiletry bags (just hate bathrooms where you don't have enough space to put all your cosmetics).
Rose garden is so dashing. Old tables and chairs, so you can relax at maximum while watching Cappadocian landscape. You can drink your tea while cats play around and enjoy in a beautiful sunset.
Personal is what makes this hotel so great. Cemal, he is one of managers, he waited for us, even though we came very late at evening; did the check in and explained everything. Next morning he gave us informations about all possibilities what to do and see in Cappadocia and explained all excursions. He was very friendly, polite and nice. The most important, 24/7 helpful. Whatever and whenever you need anything, believe me, he will provide that for you as soon as possible. He is really a true representation of famous Turkish hospitality. :)
Cemal arranged for us: transfer from/to airport, Turkish Night, Sema, Hot air ballooning, Green tour and Red tour.
Why to spend your time and to hassle in agencies, when you can just say what you want, and somebody else will do the whole organization for you. :)
Very important information: the personal speaks english fluently.

Excellent hotel, extraordinary kind stuff, great location, good prices. I had a fantastic stay and was more than satisfied. If I would come back to Cappadocia, definitely would stay in this hotel again.

I highly recommend this hotel to everyone for amazing hospitality of whole stuff and really comfortable accommodation.
I'm definitely sure you won't regret.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed in Dervish Cave House and Suites from 26-29 Dec 2013 and had a tremendously enjoyable experience. We stayed in one of the family suites and found the rooms to be spacious, very clean, and extremely comfortable. The breakfast, though simple, was very wholesome and delicious (one of the best french toasts I have had in years). Ibrahim was amazingly helpful and cooperative, his advice really made our stay delightful and economical. He provided us with several options for touring Cappadocia that allowed us to explore and experience this beautiful place at our own pace without being harried by tour guides and tour companies. We opted for a private taxi with a driver (who was fantastic) which proved to be more economical than touring with a group. Ibrahim also arranged a balloon ride for us with Kappadokya Balloons which was very enjoyable and fun (Cemal was a fantastic pilot). We also went on a Turkish Night experience which was quite fun. Since one of the members of my family had mobility issues climbing 4 flights of stairs to access the reception and main street was a little difficult. However, this could not dampen the fantastic experience we had. We highly recommend the hotel for the comfortable accommodation and the amazing hospitality of the staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wellington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

I spent four days here during my visit to Gorome. It was very central to town and close to Sunset Point - a must. The views over the town were amazing.The staff were very friendly and helpful, including organising my shuttle for my early morning flight back to Istanbul. to connect with my flight home. And when you get a cave with a jacuzzi, well what more can you say!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

My friend and I spent one night there and overall it was nice regarding to the price. Just want to say some disappointments. One is the breakfast. We booked a ballon trip the next morning and came back early to have the breakfast. But there were not any bread or things can eat as mains. Since we were not allowed to choose toast as well as scrambled eggs, we felt hungry after had breakfast. (and after about one hour when majority have waken up, I saw they put some bread on the table>_<) The other one is the cat, staring at you all the time when you are opening/locking the door. Terrifying when you opened a door and saw pair of eyes at night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kas, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed for 4 nights in early December. I think I had the best room which was cut into a chimney and very nicely appointed. I didn't spend much time in my room though as the living room was very inviting as was the rose garden with excellent views over town. The hotel was very well located between the main part of Goreme town and the lookout, a 5 minute walk to see the balloons at sunrise.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had a great stay at the Dervish Cave Hotel. The staff was so very helpful and friendly. Even though it is not a normal service for them, because we were desperate they even did our laundry for us and dried it on the line.
The views from this place were amazing. Breakfast was great.
They helped us rent a 4-wheeler for much less than the price the owner was originally asking. The owners are locals and so they know how to get things done. They gave great advice.
We booked on booking.com and arrived at about 8:30 a.m. We did not give them any prior notice of our early arrival, but they quickly offered us breakfast and got a room ready for us by the time we were done eating breakfast. The room was a little cold when we first got in it, but we were amazed at how warm and comfortable and SILENT it was a night.
Amazing Experience!!