I traveled to Turkey mid May with my 78 yr old mother and 21 year old daughter. I was referenced to D. Cave House by a girlfriend that stayed there 2 years ago. This is my very first time I've ever taken the time to write a review and I must say this family (men only, ha) that runs this place is top notch. They are so nice, try so hard to please and provide excellent service and references. We booked the balloon trip and was thrilled beyond words with the experience. The pilot is one of the brothers/ owners and we were amazed at how incredibly talented he was in both his pilot skills and keeping us entertained. We went higher and lower into the valley during our flight than the other balloons and then finished it off by landing perfectly on the trailer!
They are very casual in their communication that they have everything organized for you, but don't worry, everything fell into place perfectly. Our private guide for the day was also well worth the money!
This hotel is run by men only so I saw a few little things that I think picky or grumpy foreigners could pick on but I was so impressed by their hospitality and honestly, I easily looked past them and was swept away by the positive magical time we had in Cappadocia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dervish Cave House offers enchanting and elegant accommodation in restored 8 old Cappadocian house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Dervish Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dervish Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Dervish Cave Hotel
- Dervish Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey