“EXCELENT”

and 1 more site!
Lalezar Cave Hotel
Ranked #70 of 80 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 28 March 2013

they are very halpfull and frıendly. they helped us a lot wıth bookıng stuff and solvıng a major problem that we had (losst passport).
the locatıon ıs great and the rooms are very clean and well decorated
there ıs a great vıew of goreme ın the balconys also

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank diego a

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed in a double room in the third week of March 2013 for 2 days, had a great time and will recommend it to friends visiting Capadoccia in the future.

The room was clean, spacious, warm (in the cold Capadoccia nights!) with a fantastic hot tub, ok wi-fi and simple but traditional decoration (rugs, beds, accessories).

The staff were extremely helpful, providing extra blankets, hairdryer, etc. They even took the time to take us to the nearest pharmacy when we needed to get some anti allergy medication!

The breakfast was also delicious featuring fresh cheeses, vegetables, eggs and fruits amongst others. They also have tea and coffee available all day on the restaurant area for free which is great when you have to get up very early for airport pick ups or for the traditional hot air balloon rides that start at sunrise.

The hotel is located in Goreme, and from the patios outside the rooms you get amazing views of the town and other caves. İt is within walking distance of one of the main streets. We walked from the hotel to a lovely restaurant at night and there you can also find little shops, and buses/taxis.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MelissaAbache
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Cave room is ideal: simple decoration, clean, beautiful rugs, affordable. location convenient to town and close to hilltop for watching sunset. Staff is helpful and friendly. Patio has nice view and most importantly an affectionate black and white kitten that I fell in love with

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank CCCortinez
Reviewed 7 February 2013

The room was nice, clean, the bathroom was good... it was a little cold in the room, but then again it was minus something outside and it's in a cave... The staff were very nice and accommodating. The only downside was not having wifi in the room, but then again it's a cave so what can you expect?

Great place. Recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2013

really wonderful rooms and friendly stuff :)
in the centre of the town ,,and many restaurant around
but you just will face internet problem at rooms but its ok in the reception
and it is just 30 min from the airport

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cleopatraEgypt2013
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Maybe if you are coming from a youth hostel this would be a great place. We had two rooms: one was fine the other not so good. The place was clean and when there were issues the hotel responded quickly except when we asked to have a bed moved to our other room for our kids - the hotel said it had to be taken apart and couldn't be done so we did it ourself without taking it apart. The facility is not well maintained: light bulbs out in both rooms; the heater didn't work in the bathroom and the room was not that warm. The breakfast was pretty meager and everything smelled of smoke including the towels and extra blanket we asked for. The one room was pretty nicely decorated but the other truely a cave. Try someplace else.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I have just spent two nights and three days in the Hotel Lalezar, Göreme, while touring around the Cappadocia/Kapadokya area. I would like to share my views on the hotel with you:

I am a tour-guide from South Africa and I have been staying in and traveling though Turkey for the past 12 months.

This had been my first visit to Kapadokya and I have visited many of the interesting sites in Kapadokya, including Göreme.
I have also been flying in a hot air balloon, visited the Master Potter, and many other places that will attract many visitors from around the world.

I have been scouting for historical places, and places of religious interest throughout Turkey, because those are the places of interest for my clients, who are from the middle to upper income groups. Other clients also include adventure tourism from a slightly younger, but still Professional occupations (we focus on young professionals such as doctors and lawyers and civil engineers).

Through all my travels during the past 12 months, from Izmir to Istanbul, along the Black Sea, via Trabzone and the new Denier Dam construction close to Artvin, down to Kars, Erzurum, and Van, and then back to Cappadocia, I have nowhere in Turkey experienced such terrible and unprofessional service as I have in the Hotel Lalezar..!

I am fascinated by Turkey, but I have to say this again:

The young assistants working in the hotel reception area do not do the hotel justice and they seem to have absolutely no understanding of the Travel and Tourism Industry.

Their rude and obnoxious behavior create the impression that they look down on international travelers and scoff at anyone who cannot speak the local language.

In stark contrast to the well-versed and professional tour guides that really make life and traveling in the Kapadokya area a pleasurable and memorable experience, your hotel staff show no interest in customer service, they throw their empty cold drink cans over the wall bordering the hotel property and seem to consider that a great accomplishment, they removed my breakfast dishes while I was still having breakfast at 08:30, and they sleep on the couch where tourists are supposed to be able to sit at night. The TV remote is not available to visitors in the lounge and the young staff members hop from one channel to the next while lying on the couch with tourists still in the lounge.

A request for a wake-up call for the early-morning balloon ride was not adhered to, which almost caused me to miss the trip, and a promised shuttle service was not arranged, with the young man laughing and saying that I must find my own shuttle somewhere in town.

The worst of all of this was when the young man working on Friday, 2 November 2012, refused to assist with arrangements to get me from Lalezar in Göreme to the Nevsehir bus-terminal. He raised his voice at me (a sign of total disrespect and un-professionalism) and swore in Turkish at me and at his own pens that did not work. He refused to call the Hotel Manager, he refused to call a shuttle service or a taxi, and then he threw a business card at me and told me to look at the map on the back and walk with all my bags and go look for a taxi on my own.

After staying in Turkey for a whole year, I was completely shocked and taken aback at the disrespect, the incompetence, and the shear arrogance of your male staff.

I have made many good friends in Turkey and have established very good relationships with many hotels, lodges, tour operators, and businessmen throughout Turkey.

I am now back in Erzurum, waiting for the ski-resort to open, after which I will be touring the southern regions of Turkey to complete a comprehensive tour operator's guide for my company.

Cappadocia/Kapadokya has so much to offer and is a "must see" for any visitor from my country.

With so many lodges and hotels in Cappadocia/Kapadokya however, the only thing that will give you the competitive advantage and that will ensure return trips lies in the customer service that the hotel offers.

With the untrained and unprofessional staff you currently employ, the Hotel Lalezar lags far behind the rest of the Tourism/Customer Service Industry in Cappadocia/Kapadokya.

Unfortunately, due to the treatment I had received from your staff, your hotel will not be on my list of recommendations and anyone that wants to visit Göreme will be advised to stay clear of the Hotel Lalezar.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo