“Must go here!”

Ranked #4 of 102 Restaurants in Goreme
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe, Turkish
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hi,Here are some outstanding features of our cafe:We have THE BEST espresso coffee in Cappadocia (just look at the reviews). To keep things interesting we provide daily homemade specials made by Fatma Cingitas (local of Goreme). Love our food, you'll LOVE our cooking classes, learn from the best, Fatma Cingitas, in her own cave kitchen. Enquire within the cafe. We also have daily English Newspapers available to buy/read. Free book swaps are available to take (as long as you replace with another).
“Must go here!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Ate here several times and had a variety of dishes, always delicious, always quick and really cheap! Staff are friendly and happy to chat! Would recommend the Adana or meatball kebabs! Great music!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“Best coffee in a Turkey”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Stumbled across this place when they advertised the best coffee until Oz! And they certainly do! Lovely atmosphere, welcoming staff and absolutely delicious coffee (and ice coffee)! Free baklava too! Highly recommended when in Goreme!

Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Great place”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We went twice and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and the generosity - we were given baklava with our coffee! The affogato was amazing.

“Cafe Safak”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We have now spent about three weeks in Turkey and sadly I still haven't acquired a taste for Turkish coffee. And until I arrived In Goreme I haven't found any cafe or hotel which makes coffee the way I like it. I know, that makes me a coffee snob, I admit it. But so what?!?

Anyway, as we walked down Goreme's main street a couple of days ago we spotted a sign saying "No bull****, best coffee until Oz and NZ". So being an Aussie ad well as a coffee snob I had to try out the coffee at Cafe Safak and finally, finally here was good, sorry GREAT coffee!

So, if you're coming to Goreme and you're a shameless coffee snob, make your way to Cafe Safak.

By the way, the WiFi is fast!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Lunch Spot in Goreme”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

While in Cappadocia, my partner and I had lunch here twice. We decided to try it out the first time based on the Trip Advisor reviews. The following day we intended on trying somewhere else for lunch, but ended up at Cafe Safak again because we liked the food and knew it was a surefire bet for a good meal.

Food: Everything we ordered was delicious and reasonably priced. The food was also prepared without delay so it didn't take very long for it to be served. We particularly liked the Safak Special Gozleme and ordered it both times we ate there. I definitely recommend it! Everything felt hearty home cooking and I liked that about this place.

Service: The service here was good. We were served by the same waiter both times (sadly, I can't remember his name), but he was friendly, prompt and unintrusive.

Atmosphere: The first day we dined at Cafe Safak, the weather was a bit chilly, so we ate inside, but they do have a lovely outdoor patio which we enjoyed on our second visit. The inside of the cafe is quaintly decorated, giving this place a homey feel.

As I write this review, I'm craving the Safak Special. Do eat here and enjoy the food!

• Visited April 2014