“Great for one person”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great for one person”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I was the only one in my party who wanted to do this, so I thought that maybe when I just showed up on my own, that they wouldn't be able to accommodate me. They did though, and it was just me and the guide for a two hour ride. My guide didn't speak English but he was very professional and pointed out important spots on the way. The horse was very mild mannered and I felt safe and comfortable. The region is lovely and horseback is a great way to see it.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank JulieInBrooklyn

• Turkish first
Canberra, Australia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Best way to see Cappadocia!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is our second trip to Cappadocia and our second horse riding trip (going to Avanos previously).

It was reasonably priced for a 2 hour trip @ 90 lira per persona and free pickup.

The horses were in pretty good condition mine was a sweetie, though distracted and wanting to eat all the time, though easily steered back on course.

The landscape is stunning, it was like stepping back in time and I even managed a few photos along the way. Some parts of the trail are a little narrow and steep but the horses know the route and are sure footed.

Our guide did not explain a lot, but we did not expect this as we had ridden before in Cappadocia - it is not a guided tour per se.

Would highly recommend combining this activity with a relax at the hamam afterwards.

Great day!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank geokult
Geneva
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lost potential”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

It could have been a lovely outing, but the guide was annoying, two hours was OK, but the last 30 min was simply boring - riding on a dusty local road, with piles of garbage being the main attraction

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
758 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 381 helpful votes
“AWFUL HORSES!”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Ride started badly when my horse wouldn't leave the corral. Guide managed to finally get him to move out. We rode just a few minutes when my 26 year old daughter's horse decided to go back to the corral. The guide rode back and brought the horse back on the trail. Just a minute or two after returning, the horse decided it really wanted to get back and broke off at a gallop and attempted, and succeeded, to throw my daughter off. We had to go to the emergency room for x-rays. Fortunately, it turned out to just some very bad bruising. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID these horses!!!!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank chitownsam
Nashville, TN
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Pretty photo backdrop”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I didn't ride the horses, but passed this on the way to the Goreme Open Air Museum. Pretty horses against a lovely backdrop!! Stop to take a few photos!

Visited November 2012