“Lovely”

Ranked #46 of 78 Goreme B&B and Inns
Guangzhou, China
“Lovely”
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Stayed 3 nights over Christmas in a wonderful room. Nicely decorated and cozy warm - which was nice as we were concerned a cave hotel would be cool and dank in the cold weather. Helpful staff that responded quickly when we had an issue with the water - fixed it right away. Great breakfast and were happy that it was still out and available after our Balloon ride. Looks beautiful at night all lit up. Close enough to the downtown to easily walk to restaurants and also a nice walk of about 1km to the Open Air Museum. My only complaint is that the bathroom had an unpleasant smell which I think was related to the water source? But, with the door closed it didn't come into the sleeping chamber and the bathroom itself was lovely. Easy to recommend!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Best value in town. Cave hotel a bit up from center of town (watching the sunrise from the top of hill in Goreme from the hotel is a must). The hotel owner is super hospitable -- he will do everything in his means to make sure that you will have the holiday of your choice. When hearing that I didn't know if I opened the heater correctly, he called his staff member to double check to make sure that my room was nice and toasty when I returned. He called major outfits in town to assure that guide tours could be arranged to my time schedule so I was maximizing my time at Cappadocia.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2012

It was my very first time visiting Cappadocia. I stayed at the Spelunca hotel for a few nights. The rooms were very creative and it was an amazing experience sleeping inside a cave-like room. I was traveling solo and I felt very safe staying in this hotel. The staff was very friendly, they helped me with my bags so I never had to carry anything. The owner if the hotel, Ramazan was wonderful! He took the time to chat with me about the beautiful city and advised me on the localist see sights! I am looking forward to coming back soon and watching the sun set over Cappadocia again! The location was very convenient, since I had no transportation. It was close to the city centre. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who's visits Cappadocia. I loved it!!

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed 8 November 2012

beautiful cave hotel, attentive staff and amazing views. Very easy to get onto organized tours from here .. plus the hotel is very close the main drag in goreme which makes it easy to get food, go to cafes, etc. Shuttles to the airports are organized by the hotel staff .. make sure you give them your outgoing flight details when you arrive.

Room Tip: Some rooms have hot tubs .. ask for one if youre interested.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Beijing, China
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Highly recommend this hotel for holiday and honeymoon, the hotel staff as well as the manager are so helpful, also have to mention the manager's beautiful mild dog and the naughty cat who loves scratching capets with its claws.

The hotel offers booking services for all well-known day trip and night life programmes at fairly good prices, the time schedule can be flexible according to the guests' needs.

Bathrooms are spacious and well decorated; terrace view is amazing, particularly in early morning; breakfast includes various kinds of sauce, jam, and cheese

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I spent 5 days here on a tour and had a wonderful experience. The owner Ramazan was very accommodating. The staff were wonderful! I really enjoyed my room also. It was a nice surprise! The bathroom was HUGE!

I read some complaints on here about the breakfast. I found it quite delicious and with traditional Turkish qualities to it. There were also complaints about the Call to Prayer.

To those who complained, I have this quote.

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home." - James Michener

Travel is all about new experiences with new people, new cultures, new food etc etc etc.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The room was spacious and had a large tiles bathroom. We booked a “Deluxe Cave Room”. The room included a jetted tub that is important after a day out hiking or caving. The shower water pressure wasn’t great, which may have been a problem if we hadn’t had the tub. There was a sower in the tub that seemed to have better water pressure.

We were walked through town to the Goreme Open Air Museum in about 30 – 44 minutes. Make sure you take the short walk up the hill to sunset point! Plan to sit a bit after the sunset and soak in the view of Goreme and the sounds that come up the hill.

The hotel booked Recep Yuce as our guide for the day. He is a great English speaking tour guide. He is very knowledgeable and informative. His love of history and his country is apparent. We had a private tour, at a very good rate which included a driver and car, lunch, and admission to Derinkuyu Underground Museum. Recep showed us many sites, and asked us what we wanted to see. He was very comfortable making suggestions, or obliging requests. We went to a carpet weaver at our request. I wouldn’t recommend unless you’re really committed to buying a carpet. I actually had hoped to find a carpet, but the salesman didn’t seem interested in the size, colors and patterns, I said I was interested in, and kept showing me other rugs. I know he would have showed me more when I was ready to leave, but I was ready to leave. There is a lot of Cappadocia to see, and I didn’t want to spend a whole day at the carpet store. We also went to a pottery store. The demonstration was impressive, but the pottery pieces that are in the town of Goreme looked to be essentially that same and were much less expensive. Our stay in Goreme would not have been compete without the day with Recep, as he was easy to talk to and answered all my questions about the history and culture of his beautiful country.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Make sure you allow plenty of time to review your room charges at check out as some charges are quoted in euros, and others were quoted in dollars, and you want to assure that conversions are correct.

Room Tip: Room 205 was a good location with a tub. From our doorway we had lovely view of the balloons one mo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple