“my second time staying”

and 1 more site!
Spelunca Cave Suites
Ranked #43 of 76 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

it's my second time staying in this lovely cave hotel. Things are kept just exactly the same quality as my previous experience. The hotel owner also runs a travel agency providing every convenience to those classic daily tours/recreation activities in Cappadocia. Although as a returning visitors, I managed the routes by myself this time instead of joining any package tour programme, I still received a great deal of kind assistance as well as helpful advice from the owner. Those cheerful and easygoing staffs are all very responsible for their duties, maintaining very detail in
consistence and making guests feel like home stay. Definitely will recommend this hotel to those seeking quality residence experience

• Stayed: September 2013
There are newer reviews for Spelunca Cave Suites

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. It was unusual & interesting staying in a cave hotel. We were amazed at how constant the temperature was inside the room despite the outside temperature being either very hot in the day or icy cold in the early mornings/late nights. Staff were friendly. There was a simple and pretty courtyard at the front of the hotel. I recommend staying here for 2 nights.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My sister and I stayed in this hotel for 2 days and one night.The staff was so friendly and our room was so clean and comfortable with a big and clean bathroom and a balcony with such a nice view.And also there was a tourist agency next to this hotel which arranged us an awesome balloon riding in a nice chilly weather and also a fabulous visit to kaymakli underground city.As a whole, everything was amazing during our stay there.We felt at home.I recommend you this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank farnoush m
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My mom and I stayed in this hotels for 3 days 2 night. It was an amazing stay. The staff is very helpful, gently. The rooms are lovely, with a great showers and amazing beds. The breakfast was simple, but as the Turkish Cuisine is also very simple we were very satisfied.

I definetely recommend this place ! Until hour last minute here we were surprised on how the staff was keen on helping us.

Awesome place !

Enjoy your stay !

Room Tip: Try to choose a room inside the caves if you really want to blend in here =]
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband & I sepnt 2 nights at Spelunca Hotel in August and we just cudn't seem to get enough... The hotel is quant, has a rustic, old worldly charm.. no big gadgets, although it has a flat screen TV which is a crime to use when there is so much more natural wonders to view..
The moment we stepped foot into it, we felt relaxed & calm.. We had a charming terrace where we cud sip some turkish tea or some of the famed Cappadocian wine... & gaze at the wonders around us... The hotel staff were very accomodating and made sure our stay was extremely comfortable... From Ramazan, to Suleiman and Sabre a big thank you!!!
The room was cosy. romantic and for us a truly novel experience!!! Bathroom was modern & well equipped with toiletries, turkish bath towels, room slippers etc.. Well stocked minibar, extra linen. We had a room with a small terrace which offered a breathtaking view of Goreme's rock formations.. By night you have a magical view of all the caves lit up.. the hotel too appears very different by night... If you wake up by 6.. u can sight hundreds of hot air baloons flying over the hotel... Fantastic experience. Breakfast was adequate, Turkish style.. !!! Throughout our stay we were entertained by the friendly dogs at the HOtel.. My husband still talks about the little one 'Georgie"

The location was perfect, walking distance to the Sunset point which offers a glorious view of the region. Close to cafe shops, restaurants, supermarkets, shops selling Turkish curios & souveniers. You can hire a bike for the day & explore the area..

I would give Spelunca hotel full marks and recommend it to anyone who wishes to wishes to explore Cappadocia, whilst enjoying a relaxed, leasurely stay... !!! I hope to return again someday!!!

Room Tip: Definitely go for a room with a terrace or balcony.... the experience is beautiful...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed in the Hotel Spelunca for 2 days and we really enjoyed our stay, it was a lovely experience to stay in such an hotel. We had a room with a large balcony and my daughter remarked it felt like staying in a room from the time the Bible was written? We could watch all the hot air balloons early morning from the balcony and it is really a wonderful sight. The bathroom was modern and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating and transferred us to the bus stop to get the morning bus to Antalya.

The centre of town was a short distance from the hotel (walk back slightly uphill, but not for long) and it has numerous little interesting shops for gifts (especially beautiful Turkish manufactured handbags) and restaurants. It was our second visit to Goreme and Cappadocia and we enjoyed it as much as the first time.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony overlooking the town.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed only a night in this hotel, but would absolutely choose it if/when we ever go back to the Cappadocia region of Turkey. With lovely terraces with tables, chairs and umbrellas, this hotel is situated on the top of a hill overlooking the city of Goreme. I didn't have time this trip, but it would be a lovely place to enjoy a cup of coffee and simply take in the scenery. The rooms are furnished in a traditional way; I almost felt like I was staying with friends. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was simple but again, I feel it's probably exactly what the staff eats for breakfast every day.

Location is good, too; at the bottom of the hill is a main stretch of road, full of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Panoramic Cave Hotel
#11 of 78 in Goreme
Aren Cave Hotel
Aren Cave Hotel
#4 of 78 in Goreme

Been to Spelunca Cave Suites? Share your experiences!