Goreme Suites Hotel
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$59
US$53
All reviewsfairy chimneysthe ownerturkeypigeon valleyrooms are clean and spaciousfamily suitebeautiful viewprivate tourballoon ridecar rentalan amazing hotelwarm hospitalitythe hot air balloonsturkish coffeemake you feel at homepleasant stayday tour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My husband and I spent a few days at the Goreme Suites in early October. It was a top-notch experience in every way. Ferdi and Yusuf (please forgive any misspellings) treated us like old friends and were beyond helpful, ensuring that our visit was the best it could be. Take them up on their suggestions of various tours in the area. There is so much to see. We took a small tour which went to an underground city, the Ihlara Valley, a beautiful canyon where we had a lunch of fresh river trout and then to an area called "the monastery" which must be seen to be described. We also splurged on a balloon ride, which should not be missed. Another highlight was a scooter trip. We rented a scooter for the day, with some great help from Yusuf, and toured the area on our own. Fantastic.

Our room was very clean and comfortable and the views can't be beat. Nestled in the hills above Goreme, we had perfect views of the fairy chimneys and pigeon houses which surrounded the area around the hotel.

Breakfast was excellent and the staff was quick to offer cooked-to-order eggs and our coffee cups were never empty.

We highly, highly recommend the Goreme Suites. I just hope that we'll have a chance to get back!

And Ferdi and Yusuf, if you read this, thank you again so much for all you did to make our stay wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
goremesuites, Genel Müdür at Goreme Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2014

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience with us Göreme Suites...Your recommendation and kind words are sincerely appreciated...We look forward to serving you again..My team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

The Goreme Suites is a truly special place. My wife and I spent five nights there at the end of July and we can't say a negative thing about our experience. From the moment we arrived the staff bent over backwards to ensure that our experience was flawless. If you decide to do a hot air balloon ride (a must in Goreme!) their company has the best pilots in the valley. Writing this review makes me want to go back... and someday I will.

Note: I recommend that you get your eggs fried in the morning. if you're in Turkey for an extended visit, you'll love the traditional breakfast, but eventually want somethign other than hard boiled eggs. The fried eggs at teh Goreme Suites were the best I've ever had.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 September 2011

Our room has a view to die for. No words can say enough. Ferdi and Yusak (I hope I spell the name correctly, sorry for the misspell) are so helpful and very friendly. We really had a great time. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Our 2 boys (9 & 11) still talk about Goreme Suites, and the wonderful people there. Unbelievable service (better because it felt genuine!). Our suite was amazing, with great views, and so comfortable. I do NOT tell a lie when I say how sad we were to leave, and that we still miss it. Hi Ferdi and Uchisar! You guys were superlative hosts and we thank you for an incredible stay. They greeted us with drinks, let the kids wrestle on the grass, brought us breakfasts which negated the need for lunches. They helped us arrange airport transfers, went with us on ATV rides, I could go on and on. I think the best example of their hospitality is when (by our own scheduling glitch, we had to switch hotels one day early! We were so sad (although they got the second hotel to give us a deal, much less than their usual rate, and still arranged things for us), but the morning we were leaving for the airport, Ferdi, etc. (plus the great folks at the Koza (?) Hotel also excellent) all waited outside with us at 7 a.m. and gave us such nice farewells (granted, they could have been glad to see us go, our boys do like to wrestle! ;-) I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Camrin O

Reviewed 28 June 2011

We came to Goreme after a fun but tiring sightseeing trip to Istanbul, and we were looking desperately ready for some quality R&R.

Goreme Suites was exactly what we needed. This place is an absolute gem. We have probably never stayed in a hotel as relaxing as this place.

On our first day, we were greeted by the hotel's fine on-site manager Ferdi, a friendly kind young man. Ferdi is a very nice man and very helpful person. Our bags were quickly transported to our room, and we were treated to a nice warm cup of Turkish coffee while arrangements were finalized.

Ferdi then immediately showed his resourcefulness in helping us make reservations and arrangements for the next two days, including hot-air ballooning trip as well as day trips to see Cappadocia National Park.

We were put in touch with a driver (for hire), who at a very reasonable rate, drove us all around the sites with a personalized tour of the different areas. In the evenings,

In the evenings, Ferdi would arrange the common living room area, liight the fire, and again offer us tea or coffee. One night, he arranged for delivery of some amazing Turkish pizza, which we were able to eat by the fireplace.

Our room (#4) was very spacious and clean, yet had a very homey feel. Though not a true cave hotel, the room had a cave appearance, with various lighting schemes for whatever you may prefer. Breakfast was allowed on the terrace, whereby you could see the hot air balloons make their daily morning flights.

The location of the hotel was great too. Perched atop a hill, it was ideal for seeing the valley and enjoying some peace and serenity. However, the city center is only a 10 minute walk away for any necessities you may require.

All in all, this was a fantastic place with fantastic, hospitable hosts. A superb experience worth every dime.

Ferdi is the man!

Room Tip: No spa/pool, not that kind of place!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple