“Experience of a Lifetime”
Review of Urgup Balloons

Urgup Balloons
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A New Discovery In Cappadocia Everyday With Urgup Balloons...
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our hotel booked us with this company and I'm so glad that they did. They are so organized and very nice. Our "captain" was very knowledgeable about the sights we were seeing and hot air ballooning itself. We felt very safe the entire time and I would love to do this again. It's completely worth the 3:30am wake up call and 135 Euro price tag. Thanks for some a memorable day Urgup!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked the VIP tour, which was limited to 16 passengers and was supposed to include champagne. We were picked up on time and were taken to their office along with about 50 passengers where we waited quite a while because of the weather hold. They offered instant coffee, tea or apple juice. Too bad they didn't have comfortable seating. Also the staff barely spoke English so communication was very limited. Our first impression wasn't very good but it changed when we met the pilot. Although we were apprehensive as this was our first air balloon ride, Levant looked very confident and we felt at ease right away. He was very skilled. The balloon lifted very gently and the ride was amazing. We landed pretty gently in a pumpkin field. What was meant to be champagne turned out to be non alcoholic sparkling cider. Overall I would recommend this company but would lower your expectations in terms of service.

1  Thank Khristiegram
Reviewed 12 July 2014

LORD, thank you so much you give human being creativity to make air balloons then I could fly with basket & balloon, enjoy sunrise above cappadocia, nearer to the mountain, in fact I tried to touch the stone if possible.....uuuhh what a beautiful moment, unforgettable. I still always remember the sweet memory, flying in the sky of Cappadocia. One day I wanna comeback there.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Not only was this an awesome experience, the Urgup crew is wonderful. Our 4AM pick-up was on-time and the surprise breakfast in the waiting room was a treat. I don't know our pilot's name but he was very skilled and a great sense of humor too. It is a surreal experience to be floating in air over the interesting Cappadocia landscape. Our sunrise photos are gorgeous. They will take your photo(s) around take-off and sell them to you on the return for 10 lira each - nice mementos and well worth it. Do it.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had excellent service and a fun, personable, and assuring pilot for our fist hot air balloon flight ever! This is a long-time, reliable, and great company! I do not hesitate to recommend them! My wife and I had a fantastic trip with them!