“Amazing... A Must”

Cappadocia Voyager Balloons
More attraction details
Owner description: A 16-year success story. Every flight over Cappadocia offers a wonderful scenic adventure and Voyager Balloons has one of the best safety records, having flown more than 80,000 people over Cappadocia over the last ten years. Our nine luxury aircraft are the newest, safest and most comfortable balloons available. While our safety standards and insurance coverage exceed Turkish, European and American regulations.Looking for a photographer upgrade or small balloon? Please use the code TA14 to get a free upgrade to Comfort Flights from Standard Flights
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 21 June 2014

If you are visiting Cappadocia and can afford it 150euros, then do a hot air balloon ride. It's work the early morning wake up. We were lucky with the weather since the day before they weren't flying. Early June was not too cold either, in fact probably a tad warmer up in the air than on the ground. There were some that were a little afraid of heights but once calmly gliding alone, found the experience great. The operator filmed the whole thing which we could purchase fairly inexpensively once back on the ground and worth it. We had a good hour in the air, floating up and down amongst the rock formations, getting pretty close at times. Well worth doing.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

You can take the day tours through the valley which offers you a good view of the rocks but it's a whole different view once you're up in the air. The balloons go up and down in and out of the Valley offering a breathtaking view. There's also other balloons that go up around the same time so it's quite an experience.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have to admit I was a little nervous about taking a hot air balloon flight. But I figured if I was ever going to do it, it would have to be while in Cappadocia. I did my research into the myriad of companies and ultimately decided on Voyager. I couldn't have been more pleased with my choice. Right from the start I was impressed with how organized everything was, from the quick responses to my e-mails, to the pre-dawn pick-up and breakfast to arrival at the take-off site. Our pilot immediately inspired confidence with his skill and careful description of each step of our flight. I chose the "Comfort Flight" which has a maximum of 12 people so there was plenty of elbow room for everyone. To my surprise, there was nothing scary at all about the flight, you are far too mesmerized by the spectacular scenery around you! The flight was absolutely the highlight of my week in Turkey and something that I will never forget.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Wow!!! Without a doubt - do it!!! It'll be the highlight of your holiday. I work as an airline pilot and I'm an avid paraglider pilot. So to be honest I was expecting ballooning to be a bit boring. But oh my was I wrong! I though beforehand that ballooning was go up... float along... go down. But not at all! We were contouring down into the valleys and past the fairy chimneys, sometimes within arm's reach. Everything was so calm and serene. And of course the scenery was spectacular. We flew with the owner - and what an amazing guy he is. As a person in the aviation industry, I can vouch for the safety and professionalism of the operation. No corners are cut... All his pilots are extremely well trained. Well beyond, in fact, normal western experience requirements. His equipment is top notch, and replaced regularly. And all the extras... Pickup at your hotel, breakfast, champagne afterwards, retrieve... All are awesome. One piece of advice... Book directly with the company. You won't save money if you book with a hotel or agency - you'll just end up with a cheaper company. And if you book directly you *may* fly with the owner :) Which is a very good thing indeed... You'll see!

1  Thank Mintaka1976
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Unforgettable experience. Our pilot, Hazim Yaman, was an expert and made us feel completely comfortable. While other balloons were landing in obscure locations where the passengers had to walk down a hill, our pilot landed us directly onto the truck's trailer, in an expertly gentle manner. He took us down into the valleys for incredible views of the cave houses and also made sure we were in the perfect spot to see the sun rise.

You cannot visit Cappadocia without experiencing a balloon ride. If you want to be sure you're with a safe pilot who will ensure a great experience, go with Voyager!