“Great meal”

Old Cappadocia Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 108 Restaurants in Goreme
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was the best meal we had in all of Turkey! The food was absolutely delicious, and the service was quick and friendly. The atmosphere was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed the nice outdoor seating. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Stefanie S
There are newer reviews for Old Cappadocia Cafe & Restaurant

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I ordered a meat and after waiting i saw in the other table the same dish i have which it was a mistake.
Then they took the food back from the other guest. And
Recooked it again and gave it to me. Which i noticed there already rice all over the meat. And told me that it happen while it was cooking.. Would you imagine how dishonest they are and how they are angry that i rejected the food???...
There not even an apology... Or offered me that they will change the food instead. They just said that they will change it with the same dish..

Question this is food you will eat for your safety.. Now what if the people near our table has a serious disease? Or illness? Will they be responsible?? O don't think so..!!!!

Careful Liars go to hell!!!...

A honest customer like me..

6  Thank Krizmundo
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a wonderful evening in this restaurant, very very friendly and funny hosts. We had a blast! And on the plus side the food is very good, tasty and very good quality-price raport. Also pretty big portions! We, 4 persons, ate 3 courses plus drinks for 118TL. The serving is excellent and fast. Do recommand!

1  Thank firechief-emil
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Went to the restaurant this week in the evening. As the weather was warm, the outdoor setting was appealing and the seats comfortable. The restaurant has good atmosphere and at night the sounds of birds from the trees in front fill the air. I eat plant-based or virtually vegan so my review will describe the food from that angle. The meal started with servings of bread, olive oil and a spice blend. I ordered the vegetarian testi or pottery kabob, saatova and fasulye (I hope I got the names spelled right). The first dish, brought to the table over open flame was delicious but the serving was noticeably small. The other two dishes were disappointing. The chickpea dish was bland, almost tasteless and the pottery kebob was ok and there were a few small fragments of pottery I bit into in the dish which wasn't ideal. Also, I don't know if this is reflective of the local cooking style of cooking aubergine but the skin was blackened/burned in all the dishes in which it was used. Total bill with just those three dishes and nothing more was 53 TL. Service was good. Stay away from the back of the restaurant-although cool because of the cave opening back there it doesn't smell good.

1  Thank bluehornet2009
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We were attracted to the ambience as its an open and brightly lit restaurant.The staff was extremely courteous ,welcoming and the owner personally took care of each and every table.The owner was interactive with a good sense of humour.All this coupled with very good food made us go there for dinner on two consecutive nights.The pottery kebap is a must try here!we highly recommend this place to try the local cappadocian and Turkish cuisine.