“Excellent Must Visit”

Old Cappadocia Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 100 Restaurants in Goreme
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Must Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Our experience at Old Cappadocia Cafe & Restaraunt was the best lunch/dinner experience in our whole trip to Turkey which included Istanbul. The service was top notch and the waiters were very friendly. The food was extremely tasty and mouth watering. You have the option of sitting either outside or inside. It is not too pricey but that being said it is neither cheap. I highly recommend visiting this restaraunt if you are visiting Goreme/Cappadocia.

1 Thank shahzeb m

• Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
“Best food in Turkey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We went ATVing and on our way back we by sheer luck fell on this place and decided to sit and have tea at first. Then we realized we were a bit hungry and opted to eat. We rarely do this without checking tripadvisor, and I am glad to see it is so highly rated! After a few days in Istanbul and very pricey Testi kababs (60liras for one person) and grilled meat, I was extremely surprised by lower prices (18liras for one person testi) and other options of turkish food rather than kababs. I got the chicken and vegetable in a pan under which there's a coal with rice...I also got the seasonal salad which had pomegranate sauce on it and I can say it is by far the best meal I've ever had in turkey. We were with Korean friends who had been to other restaurants across Turkey and they agreed it was the best meal they'd also had in turkey. Definitely would recommend it! The service was nice...not overly friendly, not rude either. If you want someone who will kiss your hands every 5min of your meal to see if you are ok, this isn't what you'll get. But you will be served courteously and with amazing food. I am thinking of going back for supper!

• Visited August 2014
Old Greenwich, Connecticut
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was the best meal we had in all of Turkey! The food was absolutely delicious, and the service was quick and friendly. The atmosphere was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed the nice outdoor seating. Would definitely recommend!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Stefanie S
Dubai
“Dishonesty is a serious issue in Cor an”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I ordered a meat and after waiting i saw in the other table the same dish i have which it was a mistake.
Then they took the food back from the other guest. And
Recooked it again and gave it to me. Which i noticed there already rice all over the meat. And told me that it happen while it was cooking.. Would you imagine how dishonest they are and how they are angry that i rejected the food???...
There not even an apology... Or offered me that they will change the food instead. They just said that they will change it with the same dish..

Question this is food you will eat for your safety.. Now what if the people near our table has a serious disease? Or illness? Will they be responsible?? O don't think so..!!!!

Careful Liars go to hell!!!...

A honest customer like me..

• Visited July 2014
6 Thank Krizmundo
romania
“Best place to eat in Cappadocia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a wonderful evening in this restaurant, very very friendly and funny hosts. We had a blast! And on the plus side the food is very good, tasty and very good quality-price raport. Also pretty big portions! We, 4 persons, ate 3 courses plus drinks for 118TL. The serving is excellent and fast. Do recommand!

• Visited July 2014