I don't write reviews often but I so thoroughly enjoyed my time at Divan that I feel compelled to tell the world that you should stay here if you visit Cappadocia.
First let's cover some of the cons:
- I noticed some Mosquitos when I entered but we didn't get bit so it wasn't a big deal.
- the lighting wasnt that bright in the main room but what can you expect Ina cave!
- located at the far end of the main town but I kind of liked that. We didn't get woken up by the dawn call to prayer and they provided a free pick up from the bus and drop off to the Goreme open air museum.
But here are the pros which significantly outweigh any minor con:
- Ali. The entire staff is incredibly warm and friendly, including Hanife whose English is wonderful and response time on email impressive. But Ali is the man. We talked to him about how he is able to be so warm and welcoming all the time and he revealed that his philosophy is that he doesn't think of guests as customers but friends and family. It sounds a bit incredulous but once you meet him, you will know this is a sincere belief. The "service" is unbelievable because it doesn't feel like service.
- the first pro is definitely the biggest reason I would recommend Divan but on top of that, the rooms themselves are great. Clean and spacious, with wonderfully comfortable beds and wa blankets for the cooler cave environment. I didn't notice AC but trust me: you won't need it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Divan Cave House is located in the old, upper part of Goreme, less than five minutes' walk from the town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Divan Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divan Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Divan Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey