There’s a lot of potential here, much of it unrealized. Our room was large and pretty, but it had some cleanliness issues that were a bit of a turn-off… hairs in the sink and shower, a scary spot in the shower, and a strange odor that only went mostly away on our last day (or was I just used to it by then)? We were told it’s because it’s a cave, which was not particularly comforting. Caves are dark, so hotels add lights to address that (it’s still dark, but that was expected)… but you’d think they’d find a way to address the odor.
The managers and staff are nice, and I appreciated that they offered to take us places we wanted to go. After hooking us in, we had to wait around inordinately for the driver, though – over an hour on one occasion. Who wants to spend their precious vacation waiting around for service?
Breakfast was ample and pleasant.
Overall, with all the other choices available, I don’t think we’d stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Divan Cave House is located in the old, upper part of Goreme, less than five minutes' walk from the town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Divan Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divan Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Divan Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey