“The gem of Goreme”
Review of Divan Cave House

Divan Cave House
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 6 October 2013

From the moment I arrived I felt truly welcomed with genuine local hospitality. The staff truly wants you to enjoy your visit the way you want to enjoy it. They booked me an outstanding hot air balloon flight (go for the small baskets with 6-12 people), set me up with a terrific evening watching authentic Whirling Dervishes, gave me pointers on where to go and what to see, and even recommended a terrific upscale restaurant that I would never have found on my own.

The rooms are charming and clean. The breakfast was good (although I would have loved some fresh juice).

Like all of the cave hotels, it's a little tricky to find the first time but quite easy afterwards. Goreme is a small village; everyone knows each other so don't hesitate to ask for directions.

I wish I could have stayed longer. The charm of this place is magical.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank 40pluscountries
Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We arrived early in the morning from Antalya to Goreme with the sky plenty of balloons. The hospitality received from Divan Cave House was very warm, helpful and always smiling. When we arrived to the hotel, the room was not ready (7:30 in the morning) but Hanife offered us a really rich breakfast in a panoramic terrace in front of one of the typical chimmeys. After that started one beautiful stay in Cappadoccia. Ali, one of the hotel staff, made us run in a free walking tour offered for the hotel within the rose valley finished with a spectacular sunset.
They were really helpful and friendly, reccomending restaurants, helping with the rening of a bike and excursions that they managed for us.
We were so sad to leave the Divan Cave House and the charme of Cappadoccia to Istanbul but we had to continue our trip!We would have stayed there!
The best hotel in our journey without any doubt.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anna G
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were in Turkey for 2 weeks and Cappadoccia was our first stop. Divan Cave House was perfect. They arranged for all of our excursions and transportation, the sunset tour given by the owner was spectacular, breakfast was amazing. Loved!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank clew416
Reviewed 1 October 2013

spent 3 nights here. room is fantastic and staff is friendly and helpful. theres also a free walking tour arranged by the hotel to see the sunset. i would definitely recommend to stay here. the breakfast is good too for the price you are paying.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Tingcw
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed 3 night at the hotel, our room is all the way up inside the fairy chimney. The room is clean and has tasteful design, rustic and authentic, I like the small details such as the door nob, bath room "lock" which are all hand made. Staffs are welcoming, helpful and care about serving the hotel guest well. They helped us arranged the green tour and balloon ride which are both excellent, thanks Ali and Hanife! Don't miss the free guided sun set rose valley tour offered by the hotel and lead by Ali. It's a beautiful hike and free! A word about the green tour, I was a little concerned with the green tour which packs a lot of activities in one day, but it turned out well planned and I did not feel rushed and you got a nice overview of the highlights of the area. The hotel is a bit far from the town up on a hill, but we enjoyed walking up and down. It's close to couple of good family owned restaurants so you don't need to go to town center for your dinner. One of them is called Top Deck, which is half way between the hotel and the town. The food is family style cooking and very tasty, the soup I had is excellent. The other is right behind the hotel, it's called Ocak, the chicken grilled over the open fire pit is juicy and tender, the stews cooked inside clay jag is delicious, the host and hostess are very nice. There are a lot of restaurant choices down town. We tried Old Cappdica Café and Sudan restaurant, both pretty good. If you like hiking, there are a few nice trails around Goreme, the pigeon valley trail, red valley trail and rose valley trail. My wife and I hiked what we thought to be pigeon valley trail , same starting point of pigeon valley trail on Goreme side, but when there is a "Y" junction, we took the right hand side trail and end up in a valley full of fairy chimneys, we started around 4pm and had the whole valley to our self, we also saw a lot of apple tree, pear tree, grapes and tomato. we did met a few friendly local farmers harvesting vegetables, we tried to speak to them but they can't understand us, one of them gave us a bunch of grape and the other gave us a fresh tomato. On our last day there, we hiked from Uchisar through pigeon valley back to Goreme, we had a tea stop in a rest spot setup by a local farmer and met people from Turkey, Israel, Russia all enjoying Turkish tea with fresh walnut, peanut and a lively chat. I want to say special thank you to the owner of the hotel Mr. Ozbek ( he also own the Hitchhike car/scoter/ATV rental in Goreme downtown) , when he heard that my wife and I want to hike pigeon valley to Uchisar on our last day, he suggested that it's better to visit Uchisar first and hike back to Goreme and he offered a free ride to Uchisar. We offered to pay him, he refused and told us that it's not all about money and he want to provide good service to the guests. We're very grateful for his kindness.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank oboulk
Reviewed 29 September 2013

we spend two nights in cappadocia with my friend and we stayed at divan cave house which was very good. the room was clean the staff was very friendly and kind, especially the breakfast was one of the best. I had the time of my life which has a unique landscape we walked in the rose valley visited undergraund city and open air museum. balloon flight was my favourite it was awesome special two days in cappadocia thank you divan cave house that you make our trip memorable

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank lu123456
DivanGoreme, Ön Büro Müdürü at Divan Cave House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us at Divan Cave House. We are very glad to hear the positive comments for our property.We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
Divan Cave House

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Cappadocia was wonderfull experience for me. There is many valleys and fairychimneys. I stayed at divan cave house. Hotel located in viewpoint. Hotel breakfast and service was very beautiful. My room was so clean and good decoreted. I joined the walking tour which hotel arenged and it was good experience for me. I recommend this hotel to you..

• Stayed: September 2013