Divan Cave House
Ranked #12 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I did a trip through Turkey for my 40th birthday this year. Our first stop was Goreme and the Divan Cave House. We arrived after midnight, using an airport transfer from Kayseri arranged by the hotel and were greeted by a very nice young man who had our room all ready, helped us with our bags and told us not to worry about checking in - just get some rest and stop by the office in the morning. Our room was beyond amazing. We had a HUGE bathroom with shower and Jacuzzi tub and beautiful tile work. There was a living room area and an enormous bedroom with king size bed - all with the added ambiance of being a cave. It truly looked like the walls were carved from the hillside. Breakfast was superb. Offered either inside or outside on the terrace and included many dishes, vegetables, breads, pastries, juices, and the option of a made to order omelet or fried egg. The best breakfast we had at any of the locations on our trip. One of the special things that made us feel like family at this hotel was the willingness of the staff to take us where we wanted to go and to arrange tours/shows for us. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and the staff. You absolutely cannot go wrong staying at Divan Cave House.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BeckyT551
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

The host of the hotel is like a superman!helping us booking ATV,Balloon,bus tickets to other city,and negotiate with the balloon company for us,a really nice person.And the staff is very nice too.back to the hotel itself,it's in the best location of Goreme,have beautiful view,maybe the best view of all hotels,have good taste breakfast,very clean,heating,hot water 24 hours,and the decorate is unique but comfortable.it's near the bus stop and main road.definitely we'll recommend everyone this amazing hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yin y
Reviewed 23 November 2013

First of all I would like to apologize to the Hotel Manager (Ali) that I just have time to write the review about this hotel now instead of in October as I'm wanted to do but busy with work :D so here we go!
1. I've a lot of questions about room type and need help about arranging the Cappadocia Tour + Hot Air balloon flight tour during I'm plan my holiday, whenever I email to Divan to get the info I always got the quick response with “Excellent” information (I’m glad in the end I meet her (Hanife) in person because I decided to stay in this hotel)
2. We arrived hotel very early morning (7am) didn't expect to check in to the room and just thinking of will walk around but then the big surprise is the hotel offer free of charge breakfast and by the time we finish our breakfast the room is READY! (our gang was so happy)
3. The front desk give us the full information of hotel and getting around the place, seem to be basic from hotel service? You can say yes but I been travelling around the world and I can say this is far more helpful of the way the give the info….want to know how it’s? You better stay :D
4. 3 Nights in this hotel make me feel like I’m at home, Excellent services, Hotel Staffs…I can say their all work with heart
5. The night before check-out date I just want to settle the hotel bill due to I need to leave hotel to airport early morning….guess what??? Hotel Manager was there at night and he ask me what do I want for my breakfast? I never thought of BF because early check out but in the end he prepare sandwich, drink and delivery to our room while we are busy packing our luggage!
1,2,3,4,5 above…I’m giving them a 5 stars hotel in Cappadocia with the criteria of reasonable price and excellent services
Definitely I will return to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want to book 2 rooms then Room NO: 341 & 346 not connecting room but very close and you h...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Paman77
Reviewed 21 November 2013

For a very good price we stayed at this charming hotel with very nice people. They helped us booking the best tours in town and with no cost impact for us. They drive us every time to the center and bring us back. Very good option!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I went there in August 2013: it was all perfect. Our room was so beautiful, very large and comfortable, well furnished and clean.
The breakfast was served on the terrasse with a fantastic view on the valley; the buffet was rich and tasty!
Hanife and the staff was very nice and helpful, they gave us a lot of information on the surroundings and the activities to do.
What more can I say: I wish I could come back and spend more days there!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank claudia m
Reviewed 11 November 2013

A magical venue, with rooms carved into a Fairy Chimney. Helpful staff who were able to book local tours at short notice, recommend an excellent restaurant for an evening meal, and generally make us all feel very welcome.

Room Tip: All rooms I saw were very good but would loved to have stayed in 350, a circular room at the top of...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lesley H
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My first time in Cappadocia traveling with my boyfriend and his parents, and I am so glad I stayed here. I chose Divan based on the reviews and it definitely exceeded our expectations. The rooms are beautiful, clean, comfortable, and a truly unique "cave" experience. The breakfast is included and delicious - wide assortment of cheeses, olives, fruits, jam, bread, etc - a real turkish breakfast. ;) Most importantly though, the staff was wonderful. Always accommodating, helpful with planning our tours, and very warm and friendly -- it felt like we were staying with family. We stayed and left with a smile on our faces. I definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family