“Incredible Stay!!!”
Review of Divan Cave House

Divan Cave House
Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I can't say enough about how wonderful the stay was at Divan. Basically, my friends and I had booked a stay at a different cave hotel, but the hotel was closed when we arrived. It wasn't just closed, it was completely vacant- despite the fact that we had made reservations months prior. When we arrived, it was late on a very cold and snowy night and the staff from Divan basically saved our lives. We were wondering around aimlessly and they told us to come inside to warm up for a few minutes and offered us tea and coffee. We asked them many questions and they tried to call the owner of the other cave hotel for us, but without luck. They said they had a couple of rooms available and said they would charge the same rates the other hotel gave us (which I think was an awesome deal actually). We stayed there for 4 nights and the experience remained this way the entire time. EVERY staff member was friendly, especially Ali. The breakfast was delicious. The view was amazing! The rooms were spacious and well equipped. I highly recommend you stay there; for me it was the perfect balance of quality and price. Have a great trip!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lindsey K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I'll 100% stay in Divan again if I have chance to come back Goreme!
Divan Cave is a warm and sweet place to stay during the travelling. Lovely rooms, humorous and very helpful staffs made my unforgettable stay. The most important thing that I want to highlight is Ali, a 24/7-standby-superman, who seems can answer all the questions and offer all the help.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pearl_Peng
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Among all the hotels I lived across different countries, I have to say Divan is definitely one of the most interesting and exotic ones.
My friends and I booked a family room, which was nicely decorated and very well equipped, with washing machine, fridge, microwave oven, etc. All furniture are new and beds are very comfortable.
Highlight of our stay, however, is the super friendly and helpful staff. I'm talking about you Ali - if you happen to see this :-) Basically Ali helped us make all the travel plans, arrange logistics, and is ALWAYS there to answer questions and help - no matter it's around midnight or early in the morning. I've seen nice hotel owners/managers and never I've never met any staff who's willing to spend so much time with every guest, at every encounter, check-in, breakfast, etc. and get to know each one of them. We had a party organized by Ali and the reception/terrace became a mingling place for staff and hotel guests. Lovely stay and would definitely pick Divan again if we ever come back to Goreme!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank EmmaMa2013
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Very smart room and general setup. Nicely decorated and furnished. Staff were friendly and accommodated my early start with breakfast very kindly! Good views over the rest of the town. Although I did not use them, they had a great range of services and connections throughout the town.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

This review is long overdue!

I was really impressed with Divan Cave House in the lovely town of Goreme, Cappadocia!

Even from before we got there, our queries were promptly replied by Hanife, who was very informative and helpful with regards to our travel to Cappadocia.

The other staff, Ali (I think that's his name) was also really helpful and accommodating through the duration of our stay! Like in other reviews, i must agree he's like superman. He was our doorman, receptionist, tour agent, waiter and even prepared our breakfast. I really appreciate how they go out of the way to assist us in planning for our stay/activities in Cappadocia. Their recommendations for ATV tour and the hot air balloon trip was excellent too!

We stayed in one of the caves and the view both in the night and day was stunning! The room was also kept clean and there was hot water available for shower. I must say the wifi signal here is also really good. Divan is also walkable from the town centre, about 5 minutes.

Ultimately a really pleasant experience here at Divan, would definitely come back if I had the chance.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kianggg
Reviewed 5 December 2013

staff of divan cave house are very nice and'helpful,they gave me useful information and suggestions,not just wants to sell tours. The rooms here are well decorated and well cleaned. Anything needed is available here.100 percent recommended^_^

• Stayed: December 2013
DivanGoreme, Ön Büro Müdürü at Divan Cave House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us at Divan Cave House. We are very glad to hear the positive comments for our property.We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
Divan Cave House

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I did a trip through Turkey for my 40th birthday this year. Our first stop was Goreme and the Divan Cave House. We arrived after midnight, using an airport transfer from Kayseri arranged by the hotel and were greeted by a very nice young man who had our room all ready, helped us with our bags and told us not to worry about checking in - just get some rest and stop by the office in the morning. Our room was beyond amazing. We had a HUGE bathroom with shower and Jacuzzi tub and beautiful tile work. There was a living room area and an enormous bedroom with king size bed - all with the added ambiance of being a cave. It truly looked like the walls were carved from the hillside. Breakfast was superb. Offered either inside or outside on the terrace and included many dishes, vegetables, breads, pastries, juices, and the option of a made to order omelet or fried egg. The best breakfast we had at any of the locations on our trip. One of the special things that made us feel like family at this hotel was the willingness of the staff to take us where we wanted to go and to arrange tours/shows for us. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and the staff. You absolutely cannot go wrong staying at Divan Cave House.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple