“Ali is Great!”
Review of Divan Cave House

Divan Cave House
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Divan Cave hotel was wonderful! Surpassed all my expectations of anything! I love Cappadocia!!! Though we did not stay here long, I will most definitely be back one day!

Room: Ali upgraded us to a cave suite as February is a bit slow. Thank you! It was huge and he was going to bring us another bed because we had requested two beds! Can you believe it!?!?! I was traveling with my sister, we can share, it was no big deal.

Staff: The hotel was a great deal because of Ali. He is the hotel's manager and our tour guide. He took us on a walking tour of Rose Valley and showed us a bunch of churches. It was amazing! I am a afraid of climbing up and down hills and he was more than patient. He set up other wonderful tours for us as well and provided excellent recommendations. We went with the hot air balloon and the underground tour. We loved i!!! Ali also offered to take us to the panoramic view of Cappadoia. He provided two wake up calls but we were so exhausted from the hike up to Rose Valley we could not rally. I'll come back for this!!!

Food: Same every morning. I like the Turkish version of french toast. They were also more than happy to make omelets on request. I declined as there was so much food already. The view was to die for. I facetimed my friends just to show them!

Ali - I'll be back! You and your staff are wonderful! This time you'll have to take us up to the panoramic view. Thank you for such hospitable service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank DreamsofBliss
Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. especially Ali is very kind.
And food is very delicious. There are various food and fried egg also good. The room is very clean and big. So it good for tourist. I recommend this t
Divan cave hotel.
Byebye Terkey~!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank A Ram L
Reviewed 1 May 2014

There is no doubt it is one of my best experience with the guesthouse. I had been stay with various properties but this one is one of the best experiences.

The hotel is in a premier location of Cappadocia. Only few hotels are located at top of the Gerome. And also rare hotels get their own fairy chimneys. Divan get the both. Comparing against other good hotels here, Divan is get more value by the consideration of the bucks you need to take out from your pocket. The best view of the hotel is the dinner. You can enjoy the view of the Gerome when you have breakfast.

The staff couldn’t be even more helpful. They gave us very useful tips. They can help recommend very good restaurant with good price. One of my travel companions arrived early in the morning and it suppose not to be the time for check in. They offer her a free breakfast. When we leave, it will be an early flight before the kitchen function; they also prepared drinks and sandwiches on the road. They can help schedule the trip and arrange everything very smoothly.

I booked the package tour with them and it is very good quality with average market price. They will offer you a free one-way transfer from airport if you book a balloon tour and a day tour from them.

They also offer a free tour everyday at 5PM, which is a hiking tour to the Rose valley. It is one of the best views in Cappadocia of sunset and it is totally FREE. Please don’t get wrong and they will still have Benz for sending and pick up at the entrance. The hotel staff will be guild and show you the best view. It could be an easily 80-100 TL tour but it is free here.

Yes. They are making money from travellers. My feeling their first aim for them is more focusing on how to make your trip more pleasant. I would thank for all the staff and owner which make my trip a pleasant and memorial.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the look. The owner is only 38 years old...LOL
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Simoncn
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great service and staff , the service is very good there and the rezeption is first class , I can highly recommend to all Travlers the Hotel. Hanife and her staff will help you with everything you need .Tours, Ballon and all the other atractions here

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank LIAO T
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Divan Cave House is location on the hill , therefore it always has magnificant views, daytime: Göreme is just like a engenic younth with bright smiles. night time: Göreme reprensts the shy and mysterious lady with veil .Each rooms has different great turkish traditional designs or decoration-- sometimes with jacuzzie, or with cozy lounge.The staff are super friendly and helpful.
And it is wonderful to enjoy delicious breakfast with tradional Turkish music, espeically in the balkony with warm sunshine.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fion182
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Highly recommended! Very cozy character filled room with all expected creature comforts included. Location is superb- located at the summit of all the hotels there, u get the best view of the city at breakfast. Wide selection of local produce at breakfast, unlimited buffet. Staff were on target when recommending good restaurants, tours, balloon companies... If u enjoy a good hike, join the free walking tour that they run themselves, particularly if u enjoy caving/rock climbing... Hotel staff were incredibly helpful, they gave us a lift into one attraction in town which would have been a half hr walk away. Job well done, and Ali is Turkish hospitality personified!!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank JeWeLY78
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This place is utterly amazing!!! The room was fantastic, just carved in the rock, very clean and cozy. The staff member were extremely nice and helpful, and made our stay absolutely beautiful. When we arrived there, their had organised the airport transfer to the hotel, where we were greeted and welcomed by the manager Ali. We arrived very late at night, and having not had any dinner we asked him if it was possible to get some food. At midnight he came back with some kebabs for us!!! How fantastic is that? The day after Gurjan, another staff member, took us for a lovely hike to the love valley, and that was for free!! They organised the tour to the underground city for us, and gave us everything we needed. The day we left, we had our flight very early in the morning, and as we would have missed our breakfast they prepared sandwiches for us.Those people are really amazing. It makes me want to go back there just to see them again!!! If you want to have a great holidays in Cappadocia, you should definitely go to Divan Cave house

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple