We stayed at Divan Cave House from July 30-August 02, 2014. We arrived at the bus station at about 1:30 PM and the hotel send us a car to pick us up within 5 minutes of calling them That was a real nice touch as the walk to the hotel is about 1 Km but it is uphill.
On arrival at reception we were told that we had a room with twin beds. We requested a double bed but told rather brashly that since we had booked the cheapest room, we cannot make any changes. During check-in we were twice reminded that we had booked the cheapest room as if we had committed a crime. We felt embarrassed by this reminder.
The cave room was fine but it had smell of sewage seeping in. We were told to turn our AC on and the smell will go away. It did get a little better but the smell lingered. The TV in the room did not work and nobody came to check it even though we asked Mr. Ali twice. He said he was busy and he forgot. The next day we were offered a different room for a higher price. It involved climbing several steps, so we declined due to my bad knee.
Overall our stay was OK. If staying here please do not book the cheapest room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Divan Cave House is located in the old, upper part of Goreme, less than five minutes' walk from the town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Divan Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divan Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Divan Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey