First, let me say that the owners and staff are so friendly and helpful. They truly made our stay at Cave Life very comfortable. The breakfast was the typical fare that we had come to expect - cheeses, cucumber, tomatoes, bread, yogurt, olives, cakes, tea, Nescafe, etc. It was nice that it was available from 8 am - 10:30 am. Ibo and Mustafa (I hope I have the spelling right) - Thank you!
Three of us stayed in Room 10 - the bottom floor in the back. Unless you are only going to sleep in your room, I would request another room if one is available. While I am not claustrophobic, I found myself feeling like I really needed to have some opening to the outside. Remember, you will be staying in a true cave. While it has been improved and does not have the dirt floors, etc., this room will definitely give you an idea of what staying in a cave might be like (except for the bathroom, of course, which has been fixed up nicely).
You do have a good view of the fairy chimneys as well as the hot air balloons that lift off every morning. If you have any question about what to do, ask Ibo or Mustafa - they will be glad to assist.
Personally, if you are a hiker, I would definitely recommend hiking in the Ilhara Gorge, wandering around the whole Goreme area, and, in general exploring all that Goreme and the surrounding areas have to offer.
If you have never been in a hot air balloon - now is definitely the time! It's fantastic! Ask Ibo or Mustafa, Turkiye Balloons, a new company, worked very well for us :)
Overall, even though I gave this an average rating; mostly because of the "caviness" of the room, I would not hesitate to stay here again :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each and Every person has their own world.Service starts with respect to that world.We serve with this understanding. Located in the heart of Cappadocia in the beautiful village of Goreme, Cave Pansion Life offers its guests a panoramic view of the city and the stunning sunset views. Enjoy your breakfast on the terrace spectular and bonfires on the terrace at night. Our friendly staff speaks English. We can arrange tours, transfers, hot air balloons and everything you need in the region.Please not hesitate to ask reception for more information about the activities. Get ready to live like a caveman with all modern amenities Cavelife pension. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cave Life Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cave Life Pension Hotel Goreme
- Cave Life Hotel Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey