“Clean Comfortable, and friendly staff”
Review of Sunset Cave Hotel

Sunset Cave Hotel
Ranked #60 of 76 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2013

A beautiful view and convenient location ( close to the town centre) make this budget friendly hotel a good choice. The extra star is for the helpful staff, and the owner- manager Chetin, who chalked out the program for us and made the arrangements, all at very reasonable rates.
The terrace on the 3rd floor has a beautiful view, especially of the balloons desending down the hill early in the morning!
The rooms at the top are the best, though you have to be prepared to climb a flight of steep stairs to have that pleasure!

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor are good, but one has to climb 3 flights of stairs
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
mehmet d, Yönetici at Sunset Cave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed there 25-27 May'13. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The only downside is that I could smell a peculiar smell in the room, it being enclosed, which gave me a minor headache - also there was some problem with our room shower (which I am sure the staff would have fixed on being told so, but we were lazy and just made it work).

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Love to stay here, clean hotel, strong wifi and not bed breakfast
To Goreme city just walk 5 min to restaurant and bar, 10 min walk to see top the up senset.The owner Chetin is friendy and helpful.Will stay agian if I coming back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is the best hotel I ever stayed in Turkey :)
The hotel is located in the heart of the town, with only 5 mins walk from the sunset view point. The room was AMAZING, very clean, pleasantly decorated, comfortable, has spacious bathroom, and is super warm at night. On the 3rd floor there is a beautiful terrace overlooking the whole Goreme town, where you can enjoy hot-air baloons hanging over the chimneys every morning (before 7am), sunbathing during the day, and watching lovely sunset every afternoon. The hotel also serves delicious Turkish breakfast that I could't resist to miss.

On top of that, what really differentiates this hotel from others is the INCREDIBLY HOSPITABLE STAFFS, especially the manager Cetin. Although I was a solo traveller, Cetin made me feel cared of all the time and treated me like a King! All i ever did was raising a request, and he made everything possible and readily available. He gave me very helpful and honest advice about all the tours without being forceful, and helped booking (tour, hot-air balloon, transportation) at better rates I could find elsewhere. He also provided lots of tips to make my stay super fun at NO cost, e.g. go hiking or picnic at the Valleys. Cetin even went the extra miles to act as a tour guide showing me some hidden gems or some places have the best view of Cappdocia, and taking me to taste the delicous traditional Turkish restaurant nearby.

I would definitely recommend everyone travelling to Cappadocia: Staying at Sunset Cave Hotel is a MUST. It's the fantastic stay and the genuinely warmth of the staffs makes your trip to Cappadocia special and unforgettable!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor if you enjoy terrace view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LuuLinh

Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent a week in Cappadocia and stayed in Sunset cave hotel during that time. Cetin responded promptly all my emails and looked after us from the moment he welcomed us at the door. Goreme is a very small town and the hotel is located between the town center and the lookout at the top - only a short walk to both. We stayed on the top floor so had an amazing view from the balcony over the town. As it was a cave hotel, there is only a window at one end- but no matter, the room felt spacious and it was very clean. A credit to the house keeping staff cos that cappadocia dust gets everywhere on a breezy day!!

Cetin was so friendly and helpful in regards to seeing the sights and he was full of ideas for things to do, without being pushy. We went on the green tour - booked through the hotel - so we could visit the underground city...amazing to see and the tour guide was very entertaining and knowledgable. Most of the other time we explored the valleys and the caves independently, which was perfect, if not tiring in some sections (the best views!!!). Cetin drove us and a couple of the other guests to the beginning of some of the hikes and pointed us in the right direction. He even stopped by the side of the road to give a lift to a couple of lost tourists looking for the same hike! Due to good timing and friendly liaison help from Chetin, we were lucky enough to have a few cooking lessons with the turkish ladies at the restaurant up the road - the koyevi restaurant (in our opinion it had the best food we tasted in goreme and a very friendly manager, Suat).

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel as it made our cappadocia experience just that little bit richer. Thanks Cetin!!! :D

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank NinaWeg

Reviewed 8 April 2013

As my title suggests, what separates this hotel from the others around is the hotel manager, Cetin. I have a special place in my heart for the Sunset Cave Hotel because this is where I proposed to my fiance, on the terrace overlooking the lights of Goreme. Cetin helped make this trip an absolute dream for my fiance and me. With his guidance, we were able to secure decent prices for all of the activities we decided to do. We were always given numerous options and never felt pressured to do anything. We took the Green Tour through the hotel and had a wonderful tour guide, but passed on the Red Tour and explored the Red and Rose Valleys on our own which turned out great because we really had a chance to explore the caves at our own pace. Cetin even offered to give us free tours himself of hidden gems and helped us pack a picnic for one of our hikes.

The accommodations were clean and well kept. The top rooms are the best and worth the climb up the stairs for the view. The hotel itself is up the hill from the town center which is why the view is so great, but not so far to be a concern for anyone. Goreme, itself, is quite tiny.

Within days, we recommended the place to a couple who were travelling there and they have already written back saying how great Cetin and the place are. So if you go, tell him Bilal sent ya!

Room Tip: Take a room up top unless you have difficulty climbing stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bilal K

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I spent 3 nights here at Sunset Cave Hotel. The room was amazing, in a cave and very comfortable, the breakfast included was delicious too! The location was perfect, only a short walk to the main street, not to mention the spectacular views!
I booked my couple of tours through the hotel as I wanted to be sure to have a good quality tour an balloon experience, which was absolutely amazing!
The managers Hasan an Chetin was what really made my stay fantastic, they both genuinely cared about my stay there and ensured I was enjoying my time. Highly recommend staying here as it will just enhance your memories of this fantastic place, I'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013