“Perfect place to stay in Cappadocia”

Caravanserai Cave Hotel
Ranked #39 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I stayed at Caravanserai with my sister and friend for two nights in April. We stayed in the four bed cave room. The beds and shower were both excellent but what made this hotel for us was the friendly service. Serdar, the owner, welcomed us to the hotel and helped us plan our time in the area to make sure we missed nothing. On out first night when we were all exhausted from traveling he even made us an incredible home cooked meal for a very low price.
Our stay here was definitely the highlight of our trip to Turkey. Iy,

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 May 2011

I absolutely loved my stay with serdar and his family. In all my travels I haven't felt as warmed as I did here! EVERYTHING you need is sorted for u.. Airport transfers, hikes, balloon rides, dinners.. Everything!! A complete relax nice u arrive! Rooms were clean and VERY comfortable beds!
Delish breakfasts too!

I only have lovely things to say, thank you!
Amanda & Hayden!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Had a great one night stay at this Cave hotel. Not too expensive. Well located near the heart of Goreme in central Cappadocia. Serdak, the manager/owner is very friendly, speaks excellent English (no language barrier whatsoever), and has good advice around town. Breakfast and internet are included. Breakfast was very good. Internet was fast and reliable.

They will pick you up from and drive you to Nevsehir airport for a fee - not sure if its better or worse deal than a taxi (may be slightly more), and the turkish airways bus to Nevserhir from the airport + the bus from nevsehir to Goreme is nearly free, but takes longer and is a bit of an adventure.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I originally booked a single room, but I got put in a large cave room with 4 single beds as the hotel was full.

I haven't considered myself this lucky for the entire trip. This is a fantastic hotel and the room seems new.

The only negative I can think of is that the complimentary breakfast is not up to the standard of some of the other places I've stayed at in Turkey. Other than that, this is by far the best place I've stayed at in Turkey.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in a vaulted cave-room for several nights. It was the best bed and best shower of our one month Turkey vacation. Serdar, the owner, was really friendly and helpful, his staff was excellent and couldn't do enough to please. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: Email ahead of time if you want a cave room.
Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Goreme is an absolutely amazing destination and the Caravanserai is the perfect place to experience it.
The accommodation was great, but the service is what sets it apart.. Serdar and Oruc are amazing hosts who constantly went out of there way to show us a great time. Serdar's walking tours were a real highlight of our 3 weeks in Turkey.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Goreme, the area where Cavavanserai Hotel is located, is approximately 30 minutes by bus from Nevsehir Airport. The free shuttle from the airport will take you into town where you can take a local bus for 1.75 TL and will drop you off about 5 minutes by foot from the hotel. I do not recommend taking a taxi as it will set you back about 60 TL (avoid the hassling taxi drivers outside the airport and go straight to the free shuttle).

I stayed two nights with my friends in January - the hotel is relatively new and needs minor improvements but overall had a pleasant stay. Beds are comfortable and bathroom very clean. Functioning heater in room but warm water took a while to heat up. Television is small with mostly Turkish channels. I enjoyed the Terrance a lot and we spent most of our down time there. We were always offered tea or beverages and breakfast was always served on time. The fried eggs was a treat. There are no complaints about this hotel. It is safe and in a great area and the hotel staff is amazing. You will definitely get the true Turkish experience during your stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends