“lovely place to stay - you will feel at home”

Caravanserai Cave Hotel
Ranked #42 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 7 May 2011

It was my first experience at hotel, where we would be greeted now and then by Serdar (owner), his dad, his wife and so on and that made us feel so much at home.
We arrived at bus station and Serdar's dad came to fetch us. It was early in the morning so rooms were not ready, so Serdar took us to the tea area and briefed us about Cappadocia and offered us tea. Within those minutes, our room was up and ready and man, i could not have asked for a better room. It had high ceiling, lovely bathroom and comfortable bed.
The breakfast I had a Caravanserai was the best breakfast I had across my visit in Turkey including Istanbul and Pamukkale.
We also took a one day trip with Serdar's dad and it was very nice. We did an 8 km hike, that was one of the most memorable hikes we had on the river side. We also stopped at a Caravanserai and went to underground city.
If I were to go again to Cappadocia, I would not hesitate to chose Caravanserai again due to their warm hospitality and good accomodation. They really make you feel like family.

1  Thank CameronFan

Reviewed 7 May 2011

My husband and I have just spent 5 nights here. There is nothing to fault. The room we had was spacious and a had a great bathroom. The breakfasts were lovely and just what we felt like. Serdar the owner was amazing. He made us feel like long lost friends from the start. He couldn't do enough for us from organising ballooning, turkish baths, tours, transfers, even driving us so we could purchase a handmade turkish rug! The hospitality is what made this place great. We were also treated to a couple of home made meals which were also lovely. There is also free wireless internet here.

We had such a great holiday here. Will definitely recommend to others.

Reviewed 6 May 2011

Mr. Serdar answered all my emails promptly with all questions and requests I had prior to my trip. For us it was important a somewhat quiet room (not directly in front of a mosque speakerphone) and also a small heater because I'm always feeling cold no matter how nice the central heating system was for everybody else.
As soon as we arrived in our hotel he mentioned that all my requests were attended ( and I asked vaguely in the bottom of an email and thought that they may not even have read it). We were impressed with all attention to details.

Now comes the best part. After such a long flight and so tired from the long day it was so nice to enter in a super clean room and the shower pressure was just amazingly good. And the food in their restaurant was so good.
Also, we were somewhat aware that people could be pushy and in any moment we felt anyone from their hotel to be pushy. They were so nice and kind and those things count to have made our stay in Goreme just the perfect one.
Wish could have stayed longer there.

Thanks Mr. Serdar for all your kindness and your superb hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask what you may need and they will try their best
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We arrived a little early and our rooms weren't quite ready yet. Serdar invited us to relax upstairs on the rooftop terrace where we were served coffee and breakfast. After the rooms became available, Serdar gave us the low-down on local tours, how to get around town, and recommendations for local restaurants. The cave room was quite novel at first, but ended up being a little musty. Nevertheless, it was comfortable and resulted in a good night's sleep. On our first night, we stayed in for dinner, and Serdar's BBQ chicken ended up being one of our favorites in Turkey (we were suffering from kebab fatigue). The view from the rooftop is amazing, the courtyard has a wonderful atmosphere, and the staff are helpful and encourage a community atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I and my spouse stayed at Caravanserai hotel for a 2 days and wish we had more time. Serdar and his gf were absolutely lovely hosts and helped us with organizing our trips. They were very courteous and the room and hotel was amazing. We will definitely return and stay for more days.

Reviewed 4 May 2011

Gerome is a small enough place but this is literally 1 minutes walk from the main town area, and a 5 min hike in the opposite direction is the best viewpoint in town overlooking the whole area.

I only marked this hotel down on rooms as if you have very high standards for your room you may be disappointed, but everything was clean and well-serviced, only the finishings could possibly be criticised.

I also marked the sleep quality down one as it's unfortunately close by to a mosque which results in a noisy 'call-to-prayer' in the mornings.

Great hotel, great staff, great location.

Reviewed 4 May 2011

We stayed at the Caravanserai for 5 nights with my 80 year old mother in law and had a fantastic time helped by the friendly and welcoming Serdar and crew.
Rooms, food and other guests all good.
High point was a walk through some of the valleys led by Serdar (and Sarah) on which nearly all the guests went leaving my mother in law to have a go at sketching some of the fairy chimneys as seen from the roof.
Serdar was very happy to advise and arrange balloon trips and other trips etc

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family