Caravanserai Cave Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$28
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$55
US$53
Nature Park Cave Hotel(Goreme)(Great Value!)
US$40
Hotels.com
Valleypark Hotel(Goreme)(Great Value!)
US$22
US$17
All reviewsthe ownerturkeythe bushis sonother guestsballoon rideunderground citytraditional turkish breakfastthe location is perfectbreakfast roomopen air museumtea and coffeebreakfast is servedfairy chimneysserdartoursterrace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed at Caravanserai during my honeymoon when we visited Cappadocia. The hotel exceeded the expectations pretty much and we really loved the stay there.

Overall Look & Feel: Old haveli look added to the charm of the hotel.

Staff: The owner Serdar is a great guy. I had written to him about it being the honeymoon trip and he got the best room booked for us. What was the icing on the cake is the fact that he had arranged for a bottle of wine as a wedding gift waiting for us in the room. He was pretty helpful on the places to visit, eat et all.

Room: The cave room was a really nice experience to have as you practically live in a REAL cave. We loved the experience a lot and it was one of the high points of the trip.

Food: The hotel only provided breakfast which was average but the breakfast was served at the rooftop which had the view of the Cappadocia valley which transports you to an altogether while having breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller_Salesman
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I stayed in an arch room in this cave hotel for 3 nights in January 2012.

First of all, Caravanserai has an excellent location which is very close to the main street and can be found very easily. This is very important for me who was travelling alone in the bitterly cold winter when sunset comes before 5 pm and the winter rain/snow makes the ground muddy and slippery!

My arch room, facing the small courtyard, was very clean, warm, tidy and neatly decorated with some traditional decorative items. The room is big for 1 person but would be on the small side for 2, however the washroom is huge with good shower.

As other travellers commented, Serdar, the owner, was very sincere in his emails and gave me much information. I wished to meet him when I stayed in Caravanserai. But I couldn't meet him in person. Instead I met another gentleman, Oruc, whom I believed is the father. I wanted to join the walking tour organised by him but he didn't have such tour offered during my travel period. But he's kind enough to recommend me to join other guests who would go hiking in Rose Valley. It turned out to be an unforgettable trip!

I would recommend Caravanserai Cave Hotel definitely!

Room Tip: They offer cave rooms, arch rooms and ordinary rooms. You can contact the hotel directly via email to discuss which type you prefer.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank GillLovesTravel
Reviewed 11 January 2012

After looking at a dozen or so hotels on TA for Goreme I saw that they are all similar and get similar reviews - mostly positive and the prices were nearly similar so I figured I couldn't go wrong one way or another. Went with Caravanserai because it gave me a good vibe and the owner, Serdar was sincere in his emails.

Completely family run - owner, dad, cousins. Hotel itself was average, the rooms are 'arch' type rooms and comfortably decorated in traditional wares. Room was a little cold and heater didn't always heat up the full room, but there were plenty of blankets to sleep under....keep in mind it was November and it was COLD at night....REALLY COLD. Shower drain backed up the first morning but the crew quickly fixed once I pointed it out. Hotel grounds themselves are very clean and neatly decorated....made me feel like I was really in Turkey. I loved it. The Hotel is terraced and you get views of the city from many levels and overlooks including the breakfast.

Sedar made the trip to Cappadocia so wonderful by always providing suggestions, directions, maps, and tour/company options. For an area with not so many people that speak english, his directions in advance were a lifesaver sometimes. His hospitality by itself rates this place as an excellent!

His dad offered tours in the area for a price and I heard they were good, but we had a rental car and thus preferred to see the area on our own. Driving in Turkey is not hard but the rules are a bit different and signage is haphazard....best to have a self-sense of direction and intuition.

Breakfast was delicious....not sure about the previous posters complaining but it was very typical turkish with breads, olives, meats, cheeses, yoghourt, and juice. Seemed fresh to me! I really enjoyed it!

If I went back I would stay here again no second thoughts!

Room Tip: Stayed in a King room....I did see a few rooms on the ground floor that where multi-room and multi-bed and large.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lurch1
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Stayed for 3 nights, the owner, Serdar is extremely helpful and dedicated in his job of making us feel welcomed. He organized a barbecue on one of the nights for all of the guests and we had a great time over the great food and beautiful view of Goreme. My only slight disappointment is that the room is not so much a cave as it is a underground stone room. For those seeking a more genuine cave hotel experience, you may like to seek out the other cave hotels in the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thiakx
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My friends and I (four of us) stayed 3 nights at Caravanserai in the quadruple cave room - we really wanted to experience how it's like to stay in a cave =)

Our stay at Caravanserai was excellent, we are speechless! All of us enjoyed the stay so much, we are planning to go back to Cappadocia again in summer!

The hotel is very conveniently located, just 5 mins from the city centre and Goreme bus station. You can easily walk yourself to the hotel but if you are worried you might lose your way, the hotel is more than willing to pick you up from the bus station or Kayseri at a small cost =)

The very reason why we enjoyed our stay/trip so much is because of this very special family atmosphere provided at the hotel. The staff and particularly the owner, Oruc, were always willing to offer a helping hand and advices (all of them speak fluent English). The four of us joined the private tour provided by the hotel and had the time of our life. The tour is not like any other - we had the freedom to choose the places to go at our own pace and were even brought to some local eateries for lunches and tea! Oruc also brought us to visit the best singer in Cappadocia (hahaha... not sure if this is a joke or what but well) and had him sang us a few songs. We had a great laugh and saw the other side of Cappadocia - the local people - other than the chimneys and sceneries.

Other than the tour, we also went to the Turkish Night. Don't worry, it's nothing sleazy despite the name of it. It's simply an amazing dinner accompanied with gypsy dance, sword dance, bellydance, dervish, turkish music and drinks - all in one! At the end of the night, we were all screaming "OMG!!! This is super fun!". So, please, do yourself a favour. Do not miss out on this! =)

As for our cave room - even though it was non-peak season during the time we visited, it was surprisingly clean and well maintained. All the basic facilities such as TV, hair dryer, heater, hot shower, toiletries were provided. The beds were comfy and kept us really warm in the winter. There were also extra quilts in the cupboard if you need some extra warmth. As for the lack of telephone and decorations mentioned in previous reviews, I personally feel that a phone is not so important to have in the room since the office is just 10 steps away. Traditional turkish is served: if you want some omelet, you can always ask the staff to make them for you! Yummy... already missing it.

I highly recommend anyone who is heading to Cappadocia to stay in Caravanserai, as I really hope you, you and YOU who are heading to Cappadocia could enjoy the same wonderful experience that my friends and I had there! =)

Room Tip: If you are fussy about cleanliness, I reckon you to stay at non cave rooms, as cave rooms tend to have a bit of dust falling which is normal since it's just... you know... NATURE.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends