“Nice hotel in Goreme”

Ranked #35 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Hong Kong, China
“Nice hotel in Goreme”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

All staffs are friendly and helpful, especially the hotel manager, Serdra provides many useful information about Turkey.

The cave room is a very new experience, you cannot image how wonderful of nature air conditioner.

The hotel locates at the center of downtown, not matter sunset, sunrise or shopping, you can make it in minutes.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel in June for my mother's birthday and, as other people have reported, the owner was very friendly and helpful. I had picked this hotel primarily because it seemed near to thecentre of Goreme and my mother, who is in her 80s would not have far to walk to the centre of town. That proved to be the case and I can recommend it as a place which has easy access. Breakfast was up several flights of stairs (although they said they could serve it to us in the garden) but we made the effort as she wanted to enjoy the lovely views.I was quite disappointed by our room which was really basic. The website says there is TV and tea/coffee facilities but there were neither (not that I wanted a TV, but that is not the point). The shower looked amazing but didn't work properly, the door to the bathroom fell off! There was no bedside table so my mother had to put her reading glasses etc on the bare floor. There was nowhere to put stuff in the bathroom, apart from toothbrush and soap. Our room was not a cave room so was pretty light. I found Serdar's father a bit pushy and when we first arrived he kept saying, I will drive you round - no charge, yet when we let him do that, it was clear he wanted paying. It made us feel very uncomfortable indeed. I would much have preferred him to say 'I will take you to such and such for this price or that price'. So I would recommend the hotel from the accessible point but there was no 'wow' factor. I think perhaps we were unlucky as Serdar was pretty bound up in the imminent arrival of his second child but we did really leave with a bit of a sour taste because of the interaction with his father.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
kervans, Owner at Caravanserai Cave Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Guest,
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay as much we would hope. But I must point out that we are always happy to drop customers off to sites close by, such as the Open Air Museum, Love Valley and Pigeon Valley free of charge, and we did not seek any cost from for you this. However, one day I spent nearly 2 hours taking you and your mother to a number of places. You offered to give some money and my reply was that 50 TL was enough. As I am sure you probably know petrol is very expensive is Turkey and really that was all I was asking you to contribute to, as well as a little of my driving time. I am sorry that you were not happy with the room however, I do recall that we offered to change your room a number of times and you told us you were OK and did not want to change.We know you are living Turkey I hope next time you will come to our hotel and I am sure we will look after theyou and good time in here.
Regards,
Oruc
Lismore
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Cave rooms were great. Very cool in summer. Breakfast was excellent . Serdar and Orac were great hosts with good advice on what was best to see and the best way to see it. Amazing walk guided by Muja through rosé valley with the best apricots I have ever tasted and they were straight from the tree. In fact the walk through the rock formations turned into a fresh fruit safari straight from the trees. White mulberries , apricots, green plums, red plums all added to the experience of walking through incredible rock formations and cave churches .All in all a great 4 days.

Room Tip: Ask for a cave room in summer. They stay cool all day.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

This is paradise on earth: perfect breakfast, wonderful people that give you advise on goreme and all turkey... Charming rooms in a spotless cave! Beautiful luxury showers... All this in a total caravanserail atmosphere! Loved it, loved it, loved it!

• Stayed March 2013
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We spent three beautiful nights in this wonderful hotel in centrally located Goreme. Serdar and his father were wonderful hosts who made sure we had a wonderful time and organized tours for us, as well as gave us a lift to nearby sights when we wanted to wander. On Saturday morning early (like 5:30am) make sure to go out to the balcony area and watch the balloons go right over head!

Room Tip: Room 106 was great for a couple - big bed and room to move.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Allen, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We spent 3 nights here in early June and had a great stay. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was quite nice. Serdar helped us with a bunch of things in town, including booking the airport transfer.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Incheon
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I have traveled over 15 counries, so I have stayed in many hotels. Even though this hotel is not luxurious, I think it is the best hotel where I have stayed. That is why there is a special and kind hospitality. The owner of this hotel, "Oruc" and his son treated my mother and me like their close friends and they always tried to slove my problem and fulfill our needs. It made my mother so happy and relieved our of country. They are so humorous and kind. It made me forget a little dissatisfaction about accommodation, and they also changed my room to another that my mother wanted to stay in. I really recommend this hotel to travellers who want to feel like home after a long journey...*^^*

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family