“A great place to stay”

Caravanserai Cave Hotel
Ranked #37 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I spent 3 quiet comfortable nights at Caravanserai Cave Hotel. The owner and staff was truly friendly and very helpful. The room was large, comfortable bed and at a great price. I loved the large roof top patio for breakfast with it's great view of Goreme. The Breakfast was well served and plentiful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Caravanserai Cave Hotel

Reviewed 28 May 2014

OK. We reached the hotel and the owner MR. Oruc scared us that hot air balloon ride are getting full and if we book through him, he can get us best discounts.

We went out in the market and got at least 40% lower price then MR. Orucs price and we booked it.

Next day when MR .oruc came to know we booked hotel air balloon ride and green tour from outside , he actually yelled and shouted on us.

He asked us to pay the hotel bill immediately and he never looked at us.

The worst part, he even didn't send anyone to drop us at the bus station after check out despite we were promised pick up and drop.

Its all about earning commissions with MR.oruc.

If you book ball on ride through him, you will get good service and if not , then pathetic service.

I highly recommend not to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank SunnyBhansali
kervans, Manager at Caravanserai Cave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Mr Sunny Bhansali,
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel.  However, I wish to respond to some of the things you state in your review.
In relation to balloon companies I always recommend the best balloon companies with good safety records.  120 Euro is a standard minimum price for a short flight with most reputable balloon companies, and a quick look of most balloon companies websites will show this to be the case.  During peak season it is difficult to book a balloon flight the day before so we always recommend to book in advance.   But of course it is the customer's choice and I respect that.
In relation to the daily tours I understood that you wanted to take the red tour and hence I booked it for you.  You have the right to change your mind of course, as do any customers.  I just ask that customers tell me as soon as possible so that I can cancel the booking.
In relation to picking you up from the bus station, I did not realise that you had changed your travel details as you were originally arriving by plane.  I apologise for this misunderstanding. However, when you left the hotel you made your own way to the bus station and did not ask for a lift.  If I had known I would have gladly offered you one.
Once again, I regret that you did not enjoy your stay and I will use your review to improve our service.
Regards,
Management

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Hotel has great character and local charm. standard turkish breakfast included. Our kids loved being in a true cave hotel room. Owner is extremely helpful and kind = he drove us to a starting point of a valley hike and bought ice cream for our kids. Terrific experience. Yes, its hard to avoid the mosque early morning call to prayers...although that is somewhat standard in Goreme.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014

this small, charming hotel is very well located in the middle of the lovely town of Goreme. The staff and the owner of the hotel are extremely friendly, helpful and are always at your disposal for any question or request. The breakfast is delicious and is served on the terrace with a beautiful view.
The rooms are large and comfortable and super clean.
I said goodbye with great sadness, and left wanting to go back!
Worth 100%.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel owner Oruc is a well-known figure in town and he arranged all kinds of things for me, from balloon ride, day tour, half-day hiking to airport shuttle minibus. I didn't book the balloon in advance, but he managed to get me a second flight on the third day of my stay. On the day I arrived, I was left at Nevshir bus station in the early morning, confused, he came to pick me up upon receiving my phone call for help. In a word, those who chose to stay at his will be taken good care of. At my departure, he expressed his wish to receive more guests from China ^_^
老板Oruc (奥路西)在镇上挺有名气,他为我安排了很多事情-热气球飞行,红绿线全日游览,山谷半天徒步,机场小巴送机。我事先没有订热气球,他也成功地帮让我在第三天的时候坐了第二个"航班"。我刚到的时候被丢在Nevshir车站,大清早的迷迷糊糊,给他打了个电话求助他立刻就过来接我了。总之,住在他的旅馆里可以得到很好的照顾。最后我走的时候,他告诉我,他希望看到更多的从中国来的客人,lol

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 5 May 2014

If you are going to visit Cappadocia, I recomend you to stay there at least 3 days. Goreme - the most convenient place of dislocation, because it's really the center of region and you could move in every direction to see what you want.

Caravanserai Cave - small cozy hotel. Advantages: good location, excellent terrace for breakfast with picturesque view and the host who is always ready to give you a good advise.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikhail M
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am a light sleeper and didn't appreciate being woken every morning at 4.55 am, and I doubt if it makes any difference which room you're in. To be fair many of the other main hotels will also be in earshot of the mosque, and my companion wasn't woken.
Oruc is a nice guy (owner) and very trusting and was the only place we pre-booked in Turkey which didn't insist on pre-payment or even a credit card number. Just give him your flight arrival time and he'll arrange pick-up. It's very close to the village centre- a minute walk.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple