“Awesome place, awesome staff”

Caravanserai Cave Hotel
Ranked #29 of 69 Hotels in Goreme
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome place, awesome staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We found this gem of a place on hotels.com and highly recommend it. The rooms are spacious and clean but even better is the staff at a bargain of a price. They organized us to be picked up the airport, recommended tours (which were just as good), booked our balloon rides and booked our bus out to our next destination. The great thing was they never charged us more for the tickets than their actual face value. Since our bus out of town was a night bus, they even let us come back and use a room to shower and ready ourselves for the long night bus. Great place, highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Cave rooms are pretty cool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MattyChen25

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Owner takes Very good care of his guests. He had time to talk with all his guests and was very helpfull. I feel myself wellcomed and relaxed there, like home. Room was small but nice and everything worked. Breakfast was good, environment nice and cozy. When I'm going back to Cappadocia, I'll definetly choose this hotel again.
Finnish female, 51, travelling alone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our stay at Caravanserai was awesome. We enjoyed the warmth and comforth of the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel. This is a small cosy hotel with a very noce owner who goes out of his way to make you comfortable. His guidance and help made our trip even more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We didn't want to leave! This family run hotel, is right off the center of town on a quiet side street. The compound is inviting and beautiful. The rooms are more comfortable than we expected from cave rooms, and they were clean and tasteful, and the views are stunning.

It is a three floor climb to the terrace restaurant for breakfast, but the view is spectacular (day and night) and the breakfast was one of the best we had anywhere in Turkey. Cheeses were fantastic, veggies and fruit was super fresh, and the bread is addictive!

The staff is made up of family members, and they treat their guest like family, too! They really go out of their way to make sure guest have everything they need and have a good experience.

They can book all of your tours at the hotel and for less than prebooked online orders. And they take care of everything for you - telling you where to be, at what time and often driving you to the meeting point.

On top of that, my mom badly sprained her ankle while out one day hiking in the Red Valley. The owner offered to get her to the Dr. or to drive us the 30 min. to Nevsehir to get crutches. When my mom said she'd prefer not to have crutches, they called all of their friends to see if they could find her a cane locally. And, when my mom felt like she couldn't travel on our set departure date, they rearranged all of their room reservations to allow us to stay in the same rooms for an extra day.

We already knew that the people of Turkey are kind and generous, but the family at Caravanserai took it to the next level. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Cappadocia.

Room Tip: Cave rooms are cool, but the "built" rooms feel more airy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Our room wasn't the best, but the owner made up for it entirely. He was extremely helpful and told us where to go/eat/things to do. We absolutely loved him. There was a rain storm during the day and he let us stay in our room even though we had checked out already. He offered to drive us everywhere and set up all our tours. I recommend staying here

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I spent 3 quiet comfortable nights at Caravanserai Cave Hotel. The owner and staff was truly friendly and very helpful. The room was large, comfortable bed and at a great price. I loved the large roof top patio for breakfast with it's great view of Goreme. The Breakfast was well served and plentiful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

OK. We reached the hotel and the owner MR. Oruc scared us that hot air balloon ride are getting full and if we book through him, he can get us best discounts.

We went out in the market and got at least 40% lower price then MR. Orucs price and we booked it.

Next day when MR .oruc came to know we booked hotel air balloon ride and green tour from outside , he actually yelled and shouted on us.

He asked us to pay the hotel bill immediately and he never looked at us.

The worst part, he even didn't send anyone to drop us at the bus station after check out despite we were promised pick up and drop.

Its all about earning commissions with MR.oruc.

If you book ball on ride through him, you will get good service and if not , then pathetic service.

I highly recommend not to stay there.

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank SunnyBhansali
kervans, Manager at Caravanserai Cave Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Mr Sunny Bhansali,
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel.  However, I wish to respond to some of the things you state in your review.
In relation to balloon companies I always recommend the best balloon companies with good safety records.  120 Euro is a standard minimum price for a short flight with most reputable balloon companies, and a quick look of most balloon companies websites will show this to be the case.  During peak season it is difficult to book a balloon flight the day before so we always recommend to book in advance.   But of course it is the customer's choice and I respect that.
In relation to the daily tours I understood that you wanted to take the red tour and hence I booked it for you.  You have the right to change your mind of course, as do any customers.  I just ask that customers tell me as soon as possible so that I can cancel the booking.
In relation to picking you up from the bus station, I did not realise that you had changed your travel details as you were originally arriving by plane.  I apologise for this misunderstanding. However, when you left the hotel you made your own way to the bus station and did not ask for a lift.  If I had known I would have gladly offered you one.
Once again, I regret that you did not enjoy your stay and I will use your review to improve our service.
Regards,
Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Divan Cave House
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,102 reviews
Hotel Cave Konak
Hotel Cave Konak
#2 of 66 in Urgup

Been to Caravanserai Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!