“Worth the few extra euros!!”
Review of Butterfly Balloons

Butterfly Balloons
Book In Advance
More Info
US$167.89*
and up
Butterfly Flight
More attraction details
Owner description: Floating effortlessly just an arms stretch away from the tops of the fairy-chimneys, fruit trees and then ascending high above the ice cream coloured ravines, this is simply the best way to travel above the valleys of Cappadocia.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Although Butterfly Balloons is a little bit more expensive than some of the other operators, we were so glad we decided to fly with them! The staff is educated, experienced, professional, and friendly. They provide everything from hotel pick up/drop off, to breakfast, and a champagne toast afterwards. Everything is meticulously planned and prepared. Butterfly Balloons prides itself on having higher safety standards than some of the other companies, and therefore takes off from a further field to prevent unnecessary collisions. We flew with Mike, the chief pilot, which made the whole experience even better! He's been flying balloons for many, many years - so we felt safe and aware. He told us everything he was doing and why, and lots of interesting facts about hot air balloons. His dog, Maggie, greeted us when we landed, and we enjoyed our conversations with him and his crew.

The baskets are limited to 16 people, 4 in each part, so you have plenty of room to move around and take pictures. They also rotate the balloon around so you can get photos from every side and angle. Because they only do one flight a day, they take their time in the air and you are able to catch the sunrise. I forget how long we flew, but it was at least an hour - probably more.

All in all, we had an incredible, unforgettable experience and I'd recommend this company to anyone!

1  Thank sarahernst
Write a ReviewReviews (1,677)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

From the moment they pick you up to the moment they drop you off, you are in good hands. Hotel pick up early....around 530ish I believe....Nd then off for a light breakfast. Afterward they take you to the ballon sight and you get to watch the gallons as then are inflated. You get in and are treated to an excellent guide who wears airline pilot stripes...which adds confidence. And then you are up and away. Only four people per basket (there are four baskets) so you can turn easily and get lots of pics if that is your thing. You go up and down, near ferry chimneys and into valleys if it is safe, so you get a wonderful view.

Landing wad smooth and then after a quick champagne/juice toast we were whisked back to the hotel by 8 or 8.30. All in all, a great experience.

The one thing that was a bit of a drag, but didn't deter from the experience, is a they out out a tip chart at the end for the crew....this is when the champagne toasts occur. Given how much we paid for the tour, it would have been nice not to have that there. We tipped a token amount, however just warning you. Bottom line, I'm sure all the companies do it. Don't let this detract from the great experience and the wonderfully safe feeling of Butterfly Balloons.

2  Thank Jack B
Reviewed 24 August 2014

If you are going to try balloning anywhere, then do it in Goreme. My wife and I have travelled to many parts of the world and done many things, but this is right up there with the best of them. Butterfly Balloons also made the trip so enjoyable with their professional and friendly staff. They may be a little more expensive than some of the other operators in the area but I would higly recommend them. We only had 12 in our ballon cage and so there was planty of room for all and views over the fairly chimeny's etc were stunning.

1  Thank Ollie30367
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I booked this company out of the good review that I read in TA and it didn't failed me. Transfer from hotel to the balloons office was available but since I stayed in the hotel which was just 2-3mins walk away from the office, we decided to walk there. Breakfast was pleasant and though I paid a little bit more compared to other balloon company, it was totally worth it as they picked a not-so-crowded spot and my pilot, Murat is very professional whom speaks fluent English. My total flight was 1hour and 3mins, the view was spetacular and to ensure everyone on board got the best view, the pilot actually took the effort to turn around the balloon to make sure everyone got the opportunity to capture the best view. Upon landing, we had our champagne and our flight certificates. Would highly recommend as it was an amazing and unforgettable lifetime experience for me.

3  Thank Mich_Syee
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I felt totally safe. The pilot was very professional and flew us quite close to the cave houses as well as really high to snap the best photos! The whole company went the extra mile to show great service before, during and after the unforgettable experience of floating through air!