“Very good hotel”

Ranked #4 of 75 Goreme B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very good value for price I paid. (booked thru Booking.com)
It was a great base for my stay in Cappadocia. Rooms were clean with full toiletries provided.
I encountered 2 different group of Reception staff. 1 was sullen and surly. On the other shift, the next guy was extremely helpful and friendly. But this doesn't take away the fact that this hotel is great value for $$ and the rooms are very nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed 5 days at the Royal Stone house and enjoyed absolutely everything there! Staff is warm, welcoming and always ready to help. The rooms are very cosy, clean and beddings are so comfy. Equipped as a 5 star hotel with full toiletries in bathroom,TV, AC, kettle+free water,coffee and tea. The breakfast is great with a free expresso and capuccino machine on site (just maybe 1bad point: fruits r not so fresh)
we did The amazing balloon trip through them and it Was just PERFECT from A to Z!
We recommended this hotel to all our friends showing all our pics. Seriously 0 mistakes and a big thumb up for Royal Stone House!!

• Stayed July 2014
Berkley, Michigan
Reviewed 8 August 2014

First off, I am writing this review nearly 9 months after my stay there. The rooms are great, reasonably priced, clean, well appointed, with modern amenities on the higher end (and heated floors in the winter, I believe - at least it felt like it). It's a little outside of the city center, but within a short 10 minute walk to the city center, which is a nice way to start the day, in my mind. The breakfast was good. Not great, but good.
Now here's why I am writing this review now. When I stayed there almost 9 months ago, I left a jacket in the closet. Once I got home, I totally forgot about it because I came home to a very long, unseasonably cold winter, and I had no use for the light jacket that I had left. It didn't even occur to me that the jacket was missing until 5 months later. I went back to Goreme a few months after that, and, on a lark, I stopped in to the hotel to see if they still had my jacket, and to my amazement, they did. To me, this was above and beyond my expectations of the consideration that an ordinary hotel would show for its guests. In eight or so months I hadn't even called about the jacket, and they still retained it. Whether it be Turkish hospitality, or the exceptionalism of this particular hotel, I cannot praise them enough, and would recommend anyone stay here. (FYI, the only reason I didn't stay there the next time was because it was so hot and I wanted a hotel with a pool. I got the pool, but it came at a *significant* increase in price, a choice I regret. I should have gone back to Royal.)

Room Tip: There is at least one room that is clearly a refurbished utility closet or something. It is small...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mmw313
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Royal Stone Houses is the best hotel in the area! the room was very large and comfortable and the bathroom also. The parking place is in front of the hotel and is free of charge. the breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Laura T
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Thank you so much to everyone at the Royal Stone House and the Royal Ballooning. We had the most wonderful stay and would recommend to anyone. Rooms are spacious and clean and funky. We stayed in the King Suites in a double room. Hairdyer, shower caps, all your toiletries included. We got a fruit basket in our room when we returned from our balloon ride. The breakfast was excellent with hot and cold options including al the turkish breakfast options. You HAVE to do the balloon ride with Royal. We did the King one and it has been the highlight of my holiday. Dave our 'driver'? was great and recommended we eat at Fat Boys (the food was great and so cheap) and to do the Green Tour which we ended up doing straight after our balloon ride which was great.
10 Euro shuttle one way from Nevsehir Airport. 2 minute walk into the centre, which is actually great because you are not on top of everyone like all the cave hotels.

Room Tip: King suits were great
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Westminster, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at Royal Stone Houses. The rooms were large and clean. Very good value for what we paid. The room has all the basic amenities and more. We would come back from a hot day in the city to a cool air conditioned room with fresh fruit and bottles of water for the tea bags and instant coffee in our room. Also, for evenings to wind down before bed they have jet stream bath tubs. I was very impressed with our stay. The breakfast I. The morning was also very good. The staff was extremely hospitable and the front desk has the answers for any questions you may have as far as accommodations in town. Royal Stone was about a 5 minute walk into town but we didn't mind as it is pretty safe walking around in the after hours. I would reccommend using their sister site Royal for the hot air balloons. Highlight of our trip. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We were surprised with how big our room was, unfortunately the bed was a bit hard and air conditioner didn't work very well, but was fine for a short stay. Staff are friendly but not all great with English yet the girl at reception helped us purchase bus tickets which was great. Breakfast was fine - lots of nice pastries and cheese. Less than 5mins walk to the centre of the village.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple