“Amazing accommodation.”
Review of Royal Stone Houses

Royal Stone Houses
Ranked #4 of 75 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Thanks for your care. It is a nice and long stay. Baloon tour is a little bit expensive but it is worth it. We are couple and deluxe room was really good decorated for couples. The place of the hotel was not excellent it is only 200 meters from center of göreme. We get around everywhere with public transport. No need to rent a car or scooter.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Ahmet B
There are newer reviews for Royal Stone Houses

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This place was just perfect! only 7min walk from goreme centre and no steep or rough road (which many other hotels in goreme have), great room and very clean(daily cleaning),breakfast is so nice as well. Also, they run balloon tour agency either which is ranked 1st in tripadvisor. (but expensive) I stayed in here at the end of june, and then the price is very very reasonable. But I don't think price is equal as July and August.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank sykwon
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Royal Stone Houses offers modern and new accommodations. Rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, and bathrooms are clean and modern. The location is a bit distant by Goreme standards, as all others seem to be right IN town, but Royal Stone Houses is an easy 5 to 10 minute stroll. Staff were very helpful, and the hotel is the departure point for Royal Balloon trips (also HIGHLY recommended!). We are a family of 4 and stayed in a very large room/suite that accommodated us all comfortably, including daily buffet breakfast for a very reasonable price. There is also a roof terrace that seems to be under-used but makes for a very nice, quiet spot to enjoy the view. Definitely would recommend if you don't mind not being right in the center of things!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very good value for price I paid. (booked thru Booking.com)
It was a great base for my stay in Cappadocia. Rooms were clean with full toiletries provided.
I encountered 2 different group of Reception staff. 1 was sullen and surly. On the other shift, the next guy was extremely helpful and friendly. But this doesn't take away the fact that this hotel is great value for $$ and the rooms are very nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed 5 days at the Royal Stone house and enjoyed absolutely everything there! Staff is warm, welcoming and always ready to help. The rooms are very cosy, clean and beddings are so comfy. Equipped as a 5 star hotel with full toiletries in bathroom,TV, AC, kettle+free water,coffee and tea. The breakfast is great with a free expresso and capuccino machine on site (just maybe 1bad point: fruits r not so fresh)
we did The amazing balloon trip through them and it Was just PERFECT from A to Z!
We recommended this hotel to all our friends showing all our pics. Seriously 0 mistakes and a big thumb up for Royal Stone House!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014

First off, I am writing this review nearly 9 months after my stay there. The rooms are great, reasonably priced, clean, well appointed, with modern amenities on the higher end (and heated floors in the winter, I believe - at least it felt like it). It's a little outside of the city center, but within a short 10 minute walk to the city center, which is a nice way to start the day, in my mind. The breakfast was good. Not great, but good.
Now here's why I am writing this review now. When I stayed there almost 9 months ago, I left a jacket in the closet. Once I got home, I totally forgot about it because I came home to a very long, unseasonably cold winter, and I had no use for the light jacket that I had left. It didn't even occur to me that the jacket was missing until 5 months later. I went back to Goreme a few months after that, and, on a lark, I stopped in to the hotel to see if they still had my jacket, and to my amazement, they did. To me, this was above and beyond my expectations of the consideration that an ordinary hotel would show for its guests. In eight or so months I hadn't even called about the jacket, and they still retained it. Whether it be Turkish hospitality, or the exceptionalism of this particular hotel, I cannot praise them enough, and would recommend anyone stay here. (FYI, the only reason I didn't stay there the next time was because it was so hot and I wanted a hotel with a pool. I got the pool, but it came at a *significant* increase in price, a choice I regret. I should have gone back to Royal.)

Room Tip: There is at least one room that is clearly a refurbished utility closet or something. It is small...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mmw313
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Royal Stone Houses is the best hotel in the area! the room was very large and comfortable and the bathroom also. The parking place is in front of the hotel and is free of charge. the breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Laura T