“Superb local insight”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Superb local insight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Excellent guiding by Cihat Oral who explained the geology and Greek exodus very clearly and patiently. Highly recommended

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Carl0205

• Turkish first
Virginia Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Tour 2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Yenir knows so much about the history, culture, and development of the locality and country! He explained everything we saw with great detail and answered everyone's questions, no matter waht the topic. The lunch on this tour surprised us in it quality.

Visited July 2014
6 Thank Denise N
Cupertino, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tour of Ephesus and Cappadocia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We just got back from our 2 week trip to Turkey. We covered Istanbul, Ephesus and Cappadocia. We worked with Jodie from Turkish Heritage Tour agency for Ephesus and Cappadocia. I read a lot about the areas and wanted to experience more than just the tourist spots. I wanted to learn the history and experience a bit of culture and get to know some people. I got to know about this travel agency thru turkey travel planner website. I was able to do everything over the email and each detail was taken care of by Jodie very efficiently. From the moment we arrived in Izmir airport to back at Istanbul everything was taken care of as per the arrangement. Our tour guide at Ephesus (she also received us from Izmir Airport) was awesome. Her name was Aysha. She knew the history and culture of the place very well and kept us engaged thru out. The local shops and the men/women that we interacted is something we will cherish for a long time. We highly recommend getting this guide to all our friends. As part of this trip, we had nice, casual and simple lunch in the village and also got to learn a lot from the nearby Rug Stores. They gave us a demo of the rug making process and a whole lot of hospitality with no obligation to buy anything from them. The whole experience was fun for kids as well as adults. The next leg of the trip for us was Cappadocia. The hotel arrangement was awesome. We stayed at Sultan Caves. The folks at the hotel were really good and very friendly. Took care of everything for us from small details to packing breakfast for us on the day we were leaving since it was very early in the morning. Highlight of the trip for me was meeting local women who made us organic local vegetarian meals for lunch (home made). To go to this place, the travel agency had to take us to a little far off valley and then a jeep to get to the place. Sitting in this calm, serene place and enjoying the meals was something we will not forget. Also, we would not have discovered places like this by ourselves. So we really thank the Travel Agency for arranging this kind of places where we get to know the people, villages and most importantly culture. Thanks Jodie for arranging this and making it such a fun trip for the entire family. We will recommend this for all our friends and family for sure.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Nagarani C
Atlanta, Georgia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Outstanding Guide and Itinerary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Believe the label - we had adventure and history in abundance. Best sightseeing dollars we spent in Turkey. Turkish Heritage and adventure tour included a rigorous hike, outstanding lunch in a rustic rural setting, knowledgeable guide, top quality transportation and a fun day for two "57 year olds" and three "21-28 years old" travelers.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tim E
London
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Quick contact and very professional”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

As I was attempting to book my schedule from the UK, moving through Turkey within a limited number of days I found it very stressful trying to book bus tickets online in advance. I had heard that some agencies would book for you but as soon as they knew that they couldn't sell you another tour or package they were rude and unresponsive. I knew coming to Cappadocia that my partner and I wanted to book a hot air balloon ride with Butterfly Balloons so it was pure luck going to butterfly that when I asked about booking bus journeys to and from Cappadocia that Turkish Heritage Tours was forwarded as their representatives. I dealt with Gizem who was very quick on email to get back to me with any of my queries and made the whole process very easy. Delighted with the balloon trip too! The only slight negative was that I noticed we ended up paying 3 times the cost for the actual bus ticket, however for pure ease of it I don't mind and it's understandable the agency need to make a fee from the transaction and the cost wasn't extortionate.

1 Thank NikkiVasiliou